south Dakota insurance

Freightlinerclassicxl

Do a search here and you'll find lots of opinions, and experiences.  We're happy with Progressive, through Lazy Days RV in Tampa FL.

I recently tried Miller in Oregon and their restrictions were unacceptable, though the rates were attractive.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

I recently tried Miller in Oregon and their restrictions were unacceptable, though the rates were attractive.

Miller is a broker, not an insurance company.  They don't set rates or create restrictions.  They are a Progressive agent and could have provided the exact same policy as you got from Lazy Days. The difference, quite often, is how the broker describes your situation to the insurance company in the application.  In my case Miller described my situation to Progressive and came back with a better insurance "solution" than did AIS.  Since all of this stuff is handled online without "real" discussion, it's important that the broker be as knowledgeable as possible.  

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

35 minutes ago, docj said:

Miller is a broker, not an insurance company.  They don't set rates or create restrictions.  They are a Progressive agent and could have provided the exact same policy as you got from Lazy Days. The difference, quite often, is how the broker describes your situation to the insurance company in the application.  In my case Miller described my situation to Progressive and came back with a better insurance "solution" than did AIS.  Since all of this stuff is handled online without "real" discussion, it's important that the broker be as knowledgeable as possible.  

Agreed.  I asked point blank about certain items, of both Miller and Lazy Days.  Miller claimed the restrictions applied to all four companies they represent.  Of course that's highly unlikely, but after two tries, I decided to go no further with them.

I suspect the person with which i was speaking didn't want to admit an error in the first quote. YMMV.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Do a search here and you'll find lots of opinions, and experiences.  We're happy with Progressive, through Lazy Days RV in Tampa FL.

i too contacted miller. they want the commercial fifth wheel and airlines removed, and an rv fifth wheel installed before they would insure. they also limit whether you can bobtail 

Miller never asked, nor did I tell them, what type of hitch I am using or about the functionality of my air lines. They also told me I can bobtail any time I want as long as it is not a daily driver to and from work. They said I can go grocery shopping, to dinner or site seeing. Like Glenn, I see nothing in my policy restricting my ability to bob tail...including the daily work vehicle restriction they "told" me about. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

My HDT is a Class-7 Super-C. I originally was signed to National Interstate by the rep at Americas Mailbox in Box Elder. NI rates got a lot higher so, I looked around and found FCIS in Iowa. FCIS was recommended by RVillage at a rally I attended. Josh Pagel at FCIS got me good coverage at a good rate with Progressive and now, I have all my insurance with FCIS.

FCIS: 800-331-1520 or 641-585-2925

Josh Pagel: jpagel@fcisinsurance.com

Archived