Ever Wonder How Much Facebook Knows About You? Here’s How to See

RV_

With Facebook in the news and the complete FUBAR they made of it, as admitted to, and apologized for, by Zuckerberg, before congress, it still is very shocking to download the files Facebook shares with the world about us. This article prompted me to take a look at what they have cobbled together about me despite my only allowing 10 friends,  and making my pages impossible to get to except by friends I thought. Whew! I am contemplating deleting my account or locking it down even more and deleting all the previous content but the horror is without deleting my account all the stuff I see on the download detailed below will still be there.

Don't get me wrong, I have no crimes I committed, no midnight confessions or drunken/drug induced/anger induced/hubris induced posts. However I do see how what little is on my page, like my membership in FFRF, my gun sweepstakes entries, and my discussions could lead to a very different profile than who and what I am. I would venture that the closed minded on any subject would like to engage me negatively. That is alright with me. I just let them go ahead and start without me, because "I don't have anything to hide!" :rolleyes:

Excerpt:

"Facebook has a lot of information about—every post shared, photo uploaded, message sent, item clicked on, and pretty much every other data point you can imagine. And it’s all in the name of serving you better ads and keeping you on Facebook.

The thing is, this is still your information. You can’t get access to the weird metrics that Facebook tracks behind the scenes, but you can easily download everything else: messages, posts, photos, and more. So, let’s dig deep and have a look at how to see all the info Facebook keeps stored on you.

Downloading Your Information

Facebook has a tool to help you download all your data in one go. It’s useful if you want to leave the service, or just back up all your data separately. Go to the Facebook website, click the downward facing arrow in the top right corner of the screen, and then select the “Settings” option. You can also just go directly to Facebook.com/Settings."

The whole article with the next steps, and how to interpret what you've downloaded are in that article with EZPZ screen shots here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/346197/ever-wonder-how-much-facebook-knows-about-you-here’s-how-to-see/

This post is for those who have not actually looked at what the spammers and scammers have already accessed about them from FaceCrook.

This is not an attempt to get anyone to quit FaceCrook or join. Nor to alarm or pacify anyone about it.

We all already know it is a great way to keep in touch with whoever, family or friends, or business, if your page is monetized, and yada yada yada.

Check it out and let me know what you think after reading the link, downloading your data, and looking through your data on tap there. I was shocked at some of the lists, and I am essentially a non-participant! I can imagine what years long active participants are going to find.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I did a data check an they have it 100% wrong on me. an i'm loving it.  I don't use real name on there. i also don't have it where i live. incorrect country. wrong birthday. ect...

An a big lmfao is they have me as possible female. 

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

Archived