Volvo dash repair

bags

Gents,

I need to get my dash cluster panel rebuilt which I assume I will have to ship off. There seem to be more than one service provider. Has anyone had a good experience with any of these guys?

Thanks 

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

Give me another couple of days and I will tell you about Tanin Electonix. I sent mine off last week. They got it on Friday. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Thanks Phil

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil, Any luck with your dash?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 8:53 AM, bags said:

Phil, Any luck with your dash? Tannin does not work on my age truck but I found a guy in NJ that if my gut is right is pretty good. Dash should be back Tuesday. I will keep the forum posted.

Ok, dash cluster is back from Tanin Electonix. I had a little hiccup with UPS but that's not Tanins fault. The cluster looks great. The new backlights are super looking in the daylight and all the gauges are back to working 100%.

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil   I had planned on trying to get in touch with you when we came thru but the old time clock wouldn't let me. So next time we are in Texas we'll see you. Now come on to Va! For the second time you retirement clock is under 10 months. Will it be for real this time????     Pat

The Old Sailor

I certainly hope so Pat. 34+ years is enough, but until it actually happens......

2014 smart Fortwo

On 5/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, Big5er said:

Ok, dash cluster is back from Tanin Electonix. I had a little hiccup with UPS but that's not Tanins fault. The cluster looks great. The new backlights are super looking in the daylight and all the gauges are back to working 100%.

I had to send mine to a guy in NJ due to age of truck  I found on ebay. Will install next week and let you know. JB

Any of you Volvo guys have dash problems that aren't the cluster? If I wiggle the connectors on the left side of the dash it all works fine. I've had 2 different electronics shops go through the cluster and both say it's fine.

Bags, How was the guy in New Jersey? I'm thinking of sending mine up there for Diagnostics.

Archived