To compare prices, the big Dallas RV Show website lists these prices:

ADMISSION

Cash Only – ATM Onsite

Adults: $14.00
Youth (6-12): $7.00
Children (5 & Under): Free

$2 discount coupons are available at select participating dealerships.*

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The prices quoted on the Dallas RV show does bother me in particular charging fot children who obviousy can't buy an RV but will have money spent on them and some themselves for various food concessions.  A lot of the adults will be partaking of the concessions also which are not cheap.

Years ago  I went to the one in Dallas almost yearly but I don't recall prices back then but it feels like it was way more reasonable than the $14.

The cash only with atm on site is interesting and makes me wonder if it is one that has a pretty hefty fee for a cash withdrawal.

In my memory they did not charge for parking in all the times I went which is a big plus.

3 hours ago, bigjim said:

The prices quoted on the Dallas RV show does bother me in particular charging fot children who obviousy can't buy an RV but will have money spent on them and some themselves for various food concessions.  A lot of the adults will be partaking of the concessions also which are not cheap.

Years ago  I went to the one in Dallas almost yearly but I don't recall prices back then but it feels like it was way more reasonable than the $14.

The cash only with atm on site is interesting and makes me wonder if it is one that has a pretty hefty fee for a cash withdrawal.

In my memory they did not charge for parking in all the times I went which is a big plus.

I've been to the Harrisburg, and now Hersey, Pennsylvania shows and Atlantic City shows.  A few other places across the Country in our travels.  I've always contacted a dealer, went to look at what they had to offer, then got tickets, and parking if needed, from them.  Bottom line, I refuse to pay to shop.  Its not being cheap, its a principal that I'm not going to pay anyone,, anywhere, to buy from them.  That's all.  Obviously many others feel differently.  I guess boycott wasn't the right word, but maybe it should have been a "heads-up".  This was our first year in Yuma, and the first time, in 20+ years, I've every run into it at a place like that.

Skp #98641
2018 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty Laramie CC DRW LB
2018 Durango Gold 380FLF 5th Wheel
My Email

6 hours ago, CapeMayAl said:

Bottom line, I refuse to pay to shop. 

I suspect that a significant share of those who visit RV shows are just there to look and have no intention of buying anything. Many of them never do while others have done so previously. I suspect that to be a part of the reason for the admission and part in Dallas probably pays rent on the parking lots which are free there. I don't believe that any dealers have free tickets for that one but they do have discount coupons.

$2 discount coupons are available at select participating dealerships.*

We have not attended it for several years but did go back in 2012 when shopping for our current RV. I believe that the cost at that time was $10/person and that dealers had 1/2 price coupons. I know that we got dealer coupons before we went. To get back to flea market shopping, Canton TX First Monday Trade Days is the largest such market we have ever seen and they do not charge to get in but parking will cost about $5 per car. There are also RV sites available , for a small fee of course. 

8 hours ago, Jim & Alice said:

I absolutely agree with you.   This is silly.   Just don't go.

Or just don't read the thread? It looks to me like this discussion has covered a lot of ground, much like any conversation around a campfire. I thought that some of the comments were quite interesting. 

8 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Or just don't read the thread? It looks to me like this discussion has covered a lot of ground, much like any conversation around a campfire. I thought that some of the comments were quite interesting. 

I read the thread back after it started... went to the market place last Friday (Good Friday), didn't pay anything.   Interesting comments I suppose, and I like a good campground set of riposts as much as anyone... but a Boycott?   For a dollar?

Sheesh... To each their own, I suppose!

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Al probably used the wrong word "boycott",  but Sunday afternoon about 3 pm. it will be history for another season. And they did mention the word "free" this weekend as it is the "Get Out of Dodge" clearance sale and tear down the Harbor Freight tarps. Next week the RV summer storage will begin. Hopefully there will never be a re-run of several years ago when folks stored their RVs there and the joint was sheriffed. People from all over the US had to make arrangements to get their units out of there coordinating with the Yuma County Sheriffs Office 

Archived