HHRV Campgrounds

rickeieio

We recently returned from a six week tour of the south western states.  We found some great RV parks, and I'd like to post them to the HHRV site.  I filled out the form with everything it asked, two weeks ago. It still hasn't shown up.  So, I went back and found where to send an email to the site admin.  Said email bounced.  Now what do I do?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Trey Selman is the administrator for HHRV Campgrounds.

PM me if you don't have a direct email address.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I summited one months ago. Still not on there. Not bothering with it again.

I'm not giving up that easily.  This place had 50+ pull throughs, 100'+ level concrete, 20' wide, then an 8' concrete apron on each end, and blacktop streets.  Plus, 100 amp service to many sites.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

Rick 

Your campground should now be showing up on the map. 

I have fixed the email so it should be working now.

Other campgrounds submission mentioned were updated back in January.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

3 hours ago, rickeieio said:

I'm not giving up that easily.  This place had 50+ pull throughs, 100'+ level concrete, 20' wide, then an 8' concrete apron on each end, and blacktop streets.  Plus, 100 amp service to many sites.

Where?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks Trey.  I checked and sure enough it's there.

Carl, it's in Weatherford, OK, west of Oklahoma City, and just 1/4 mile off I-40.  Wanderlust Crossing RV. http://wanderlustcrossings.com/

The HHRV campgrounds is a nice tool to have in the toolbox.  I use it often.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

1 hour ago, TreyandSusan said:

Rick 

Your campground should now be showing up on the map. 

I have fixed the email so it should be working now.

Other campgrounds submission mentioned were updated back in January.

Trey,

Will have a couple from Arizona coming your way. Will add to the site.

How do handle feedback on sites that might not be realistic for an HDT? Went in a couple in Arizona (by car on a scouting trip) that I would not encourage anyone with an HDT to even try to use!!!!!!  Is there a vetting or "disqualification" process? Not sure if they were self-selected by the park owners or someone on the HDT forum selected them.

Gerry

36 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Carl, it's in Weatherford, OK, west of Oklahoma City, and just 1/4 mile off I-40.  Wanderlust Crossing RV. http://wanderlustcrossings.com/

SOITC (Suite Owners International Travel Club) is having a regional rally there next month.  It is supposed to be a very nice park.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Gerry

Of course there are different comfort levels of parking for different people. But we have fields that attempt help to identify HDTers (or similar length style trucks MDT & large fifth wheel) and the trailers towed. I look at these before setting up the map, but I do not know everyone.  If you think that there is a campground that should not be on the site then you can email me with your concerns and I will look back at the data and if need be will remove it from the list. There should be a link on every HHRV campground info page in the upper right where data can be updated or concerns can be sent about the campground.

So, Yes there is a vetting process but it is not perfect (human beings are involved) but the hope is that if a few sneak through together we can hone the tool and help one another provide something that can be useful for one another. We have removed some campgrounds when others have brought up valid concerns. On occasion there may only be a few helpful sites and that can be mentioned in the campground details - but the campground might still be helpful because there may not be an abundance in the area. So, we try to look at a number of aspects and evaluate for the benefit of all. 

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

55 minutes ago, TheLongWayHome said:

Trey,

Will have a couple from Arizona coming your way. Will add to the site.

How do handle feedback on sites that might not be realistic for an HDT? Went in a couple in Arizona (by car on a scouting trip) that I would not encourage anyone with an HDT to even try to use!!!!!!  Is there a vetting or "disqualification" process? Not sure if they were self-selected by the park owners or someone on the HDT forum selected them.

Gerry

Gerry, There is also an issue that is very hard to control.  Personal ability.  Where I can put my truck and trailer others may not.  Folks with different length rv's, trucks, hitch placement all affect the mobility of where it can be parked.  Others may have made suggestions based on their ability and rig size, but it doesn't apply to everyone.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Trey, Jim,

15 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Gerry, There is also an issue that is very hard to control.  Personal ability. 

24 minutes ago, TreyandSusan said:

So, Yes there is a vetting process but it is not perfect (human beings are involved) but the hope is that if a few sneak through together we can hone the tool and help one another provide something that can be useful for one another. We have removed some campgrounds when others have brought up valid concerns. On occasion there may only be a few helpful sites and that can be mentioned in the campground details - but the campground might still be helpful because there may not be an abundance in the area. So, we try to look at a number of aspects and evaluate for the benefit of all. 

Thanks guys. Understand the challenges in both validating information and in individual ability.  Being a rookie with zero experience. I will dig out the information from the trip and send you the details.

I guess I will "grade" the parks as I go, scout and get more experience. Some folks track parks in a Red/Yellow/Green category based on various criteria for them or from others feedback.

Saw one park in Phoenix that I through there was no way a HDT with any length trailer long that 20' could get into. Cul-de-sac access to most sites and though you might need a heavy-lift CH-53E Super Stallion to get you back out. :)  Probably no issue to you guys, but scared the $%^& out of me.

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Now that looks like a real nice park to stop and try!  Thanks Rick.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

We use the resource all the time also.  Thanks Trey.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

49 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

What is HHRV? Is that an Escapees campground review site? 

HHRV - Heavy Hauler RV.  The HDT part of the forum. Those class 7/8 big trucks but the campgrounds site is geared toward any long RV setup. Not Escapees affiliated (that I know of).

HHRV Campground site:

http://hhrvcampgrounds.com/

Archived