Pilot in Hysperia California / Outpost Cafe

Vegas Teacher

I just came to this part of the forum I am usually over on the HDT hanging out on the dark side talking about my Volvo 780 and getting it set up to pull for me.

As far as truck stops go if you are ever in Hysperia California and looking for a place to pull off and stay for the night, the Pilot there is friendly to both truckers and people pulling trailers, as long as it is not a busy Sunday. Semi Drivers get first priority plus, be willing to park out in the back of the parking lot and not taking up prime spaces closer to the front of the Truck lot.

The Outpost Cafe is next door to the Pilot gas station in the same lot as trucks park. This is an excellent little place to eat. It has that Mom and Pop feel. I heard they even give out a free meal to truckers on Thanks Giving and Christmas that are on the road without their families, that is pretty awesome! My food is always Hot when it comes to the table, not just warm but hot.

We use the showers at the Pilot station. 12.50 clean and good service and that is for me and my wife at the same time in the same shower room. The first time I was there I asked the attendant what the procedure was how I got a shower room for each of us, he just looked at me and said you can both shower in there at the same time, he winked and gave me a thumbs up. In this day and age of political correctness you have to appreciate those that still have a since of humor. So I have nothing but good to say about this truck stop, and at the end of the day to stay and park for free, you can't beat it. I think they even have a dumping service too, but you might call and check that. Since we were only 100 yards from everything we needed we were not worried about dump services or water.

Later,

Vegas Teacher 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. Haven't been to the Outpost since the 60's when I had an aunt that slung hash there. Really surprised to see it's still open.

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

Archived