Shocker Hitch

Vegas Teacher

Hey has does anybody have these for their trailer? I have a bumper pull right now, ( want a fuzion 420) and was wondering if for the next few years this would be good for the life of my trailer? I had a good friend mount a receiver on the back of my semi last spring. I know it is not a race but I am slowly but surely getting the 780 road ready!

http://shockerhitch.com/Receiver_Hitch.php

http://shockerhitch.com/Tongue_Mount.php

Later Vegas Teacher - by the way it is 75 in Vegas today at 1:30 in the afternoon.

I bought a Gen Y torsion hitch.  I haven't used it yet but I have confidence.  Also, there is no bag to rot in the sun.

https://www.amazon.com/Torsion-Suspension-Receiver-Towing-Pintle/dp/B01N7AXNFI/ref=sr_1_7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1517966476&sr=1-7&keywords=geny+hitch

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Judging from the video it appears to me to do most of the absorbing in the up and down oscillation, but very little fore and aft, the more destructive of the 2 forces. 

Who wants to form a testing company, something like UL(Underwriters Laboratories) that independently tests all of the hitches out there? Millions to be made I tell you Millions.... I can probably lease test time at the old Studebaker Proving Grounds near South Bend IN (now owned by Navistar, who could use the cash)

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

12 hours ago, beyerjf said:

Judging from the video it appears to me to do most of the absorbing in the up and down oscillation, but very little fore and aft, the more destructive of the 2 forces. 

Who wants to form a testing company, something like UL(Underwriters Laboratories) that independently tests all of the hitches out there? Millions to be made I tell you Millions.... I can probably lease test time at the old Studebaker Proving Grounds near South Bend IN (now owned by Navistar, who could use the cash)

That sounds like fun. Great idea!:D

I had a Shocker hitch and was pleased with its performance. Bear in mind it’s limited to 12,000lbs. If your trailer is close to or exceedes that, I would recommend AirSafe. They make a quality hitch. I only wish they made one big enough for my rig. If they did, I’d jump all over it.

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Hi VT - I have an AirSafe receiver hitch which quiets down “chucking” of a heavy trailer using the same principle as 5th wheels such as ET - by geometry of the linkages... but where it works best is preventing stiff trucks from beating on light trailers. I can see the front of one of my cargo trailers moving up to three inches vertical difference from the tow-mobile.

I also run tire maker recommended pressures for conditions to help reduce smashing at railways, bridge decks etc.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

5 hours ago, DesertMiner said:

What is you trailer weight and hitch weight?

My trailer as it sits is 29,500 and max gross is 30,300. The hitch weight is just shy of 7000 lbs. AirSafe makes a class 8 hitch rated to 30,000 lbs but limited to a 3000 lb hitch weight. They can be paralled and rated to 60,000 lbs, but limited to 6000 lb hitch weight. I called and talked to AirSafe and it was determined that they didn’t have a solution that would work for me. So for now, I am using a 40,000 lb pintle with a 8000 lb hitch. Unfortunately, it’s rigid. I am still looking for something cushioned even if I have to have something custom made.

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Archived