Wording on the title

jenandjon

I picked up the title for the truck I just got. Now when I go to DMV I need to change it from Tractor truck to what? Do you title it as Recreational Vehicle of as a Motor Home?  In Nebraska the plate will say Motor Home. So, I may have just answered my own question. Just curious you all titled yours.

I know that when working with a government agency wording is key when you want something a certain way.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

The procedure will very by state.

In Texas, for example, I had to fill out an affidavit that states that I have done the conversion.  Then file a transfer of title.  The new title was issued as a "MH" instead of a "TK".

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

1 hour ago, jenandjon said:

I picked up the title for the truck I just got. Now when I go to DMV I need to change it from Tractor truck to what? Do you title it as Recreational Vehicle of as a Motor Home?  In Nebraska the plate will say Motor Home. So, I may have just answered my own question. Just curious you all titled yours.

I know that when working with a government agency wording is key when you want something a certain way.

Hi Jon,

I am located in Ohio. I went to my local DMV to pick up an affidavit to fill out to have my truck title reassigned to a motor home. I waited till I got to the DMV to sign the affidavit. Also in Ohio the DMV needs to inspect the truck to make sure you have all the correct equipment inside to make it a motor home. Look at the Resource Guide and find your state to see what your state requires for equipment to make your truck a motor home.

Best of luck,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Motor home in Tennessee but as already said will vary by state.  Motor home would be best if your state will allow.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Jon,

Make sure when you talk to the DMV person they understand what you are doing.  I had a title transfer done here in TX and the lady went all skippy on me telling me that I could not transfer the title from MH in AZ to MH in TX after my rig had been in MH status for over 13 years.  I got the deal done as a private truck then contacted the elected treasurer via email and filed a complaint.  Within 24 hours they had it all straightened out. I am still waiting for my written apology from number "eleven" Bitch from Hell for her non-ethical handling of the situation.  Don't think I will get it but it is all good now.  If you have any resistance at all find another person to talk to that will listen and or have them call the state for clarification.   Having those contact numbers at the state level readily available will help you to complete the transfer of status smoothly and trouble free.  Unless you draw a number Eleven then run like hell.....LOL 

Life is great when you can scratch that hitch itch.........

1999, Volvo VNL 610, D12/10 spd Eaton, Manual, 370 gears   Aka  The Beast

2014 Crossroads Redwood 38GK     Used to be called the Beast Tamer when I had to tow with my old 1 ton Dodge but not anymore!!

Jon

Go on the Nebraska DMV web site. You will find very specific wording on how to title a truck to a motorhome. Before I titled I went to the courthouse, explained to the lady what I wanted to do and she printed me off the exact info I got off the DMV web site. Then I returned and everything went smooth as silk. I took the paperwork they gave me just in case I got someone that did not understand the rules. Good luck!!

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

Howdy All,

Washington has recently changed how they are marking the title, on the title for the Freightliner it gives the year name of the truck, "2002 Freightliner Columbia", then in another box it gives the lenght, "27 feet", in the next box it just has the letters,"MH" which stands for motor home.  That's the way they were doing it four years ago when I titled the Freightliner.

I just six weeks ago titled the Pete, now it reads like this, gives the year and name of the truck as" 2001 Peterbilt 379", then is a box titled Body Style, it says "truck", then in another box it says, "Primary Use is Motor Home".

So its hard to say what the State will put on the title so long as it goes from being a commercial truck to an RV in one shape or form I don't care.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I'm in Oregon, requirements for a motorhome are sleeping and cooking facilities. The Klamath Falls DMV was a PITA. I explained to them that it had a microwave in the sleeper, but they said that a microwave is "only good for reheating things" so I needed a cooktop. This was after I had called Salem and asked them......they said a microwave was fine. The lady....maybe #11.....said that she had already been thru this, I asked her to call Salem, she did, came back very unhappy I might add, she then handed me an affidavit to fill out and said "we are not law enforcement, if you want to call it a motorhome go ahead but you can explain it to the state police when you get pulled over and you will be subject to commercial carrier rules which means you will be required to stop at scales & maintain a logbook and that Salem could still reject my title request. I filled out the affidavit knowing full well that the commercial carrier rules say NO MOTORHOMES. My title calls my Volvo 670 a 27 ft motorhome........so neener neener # eleven.

28059299_1833533436658807_2906550914030110103_n.jpg.f147a9cc234fdcc2812d3b66d5777952.jpg2008 Volvo 670,D13, 13 speed,2018 Montana 3210MS

Archived