Escapees Roadside Assistance

Kirk W

6 hours ago, palmeris said:

Are they both the same service plans and the same price? If not what are the differences?

I used to have the FMCA plan contract details bookmarked, my bookmark is now dead for some reason.  The Saferide plans for FMCA that cost less than $159/yr do not cover a self-propelled RV.

Good Sam ERS is about the same, $159 for self-propelled RV's, $129 for trailers.The bottom line is, no company is in business to lose money intentionally.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

The bottom line is, no company is in business to lose money intentionally.

Absolutley.   I would like it to be cheaper but on just 2 tows years ago I have still come out ahead.  I hope I have to keep paying and never have to use them.  Same as my health insurance

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 8:06 AM, Georgianne said:

To answer the question about tow vehicle coverage- our CEO is reaching out to the president of VAS (parent company of Saferide who services our roadside assistance program) for clarification. The only exception to tow vehicle coverage that we are aware of is if your tow vehicle is a medium-duty or heavy-duty truck which has it's own sleeper cabin. In those cases, they must carry their own policy per VAS, in addition to the policy on the trailer.

Checking in to update that we are still working on this answer with VAS. Between our own office closures due to hurricanes and other scheduling conflicts, we haven't been able to connect with their president just yet. We hope to have an answer on this soon! I will check back in once we do :) 

Communications Director

signature logo a.jpg

8 hours ago, kristinalaska said:

Fortunately, Coach-Net still covers your motor home, trailers, and other vehicles you own under one policy.  No questions when you need help, no matter where you might be.  No problem if you have another vehicle with a "BED".  No surprise bills after service, either.  Thank Heaven For Them!

That is not true if unless you have a premium policy. Just 2 months ago friends or ours had an engine failure with their diesel truck and were refused to be towed by Coach Net because the fifth wheel was not attached.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

This is the coverage -- As a Coach-Net Premier Coach Member you have access to 24/7 unlimited roadside assistance for all your vehicles - anything you own, rent or borrow - plus RV Technical Assistance, nationwide tire delivery services, concierge services, and more. Your membership also includes coverage for trailers, tow dollies, boat trailers, and utility trailers...

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

That is not true if unless you have a premium policy. Just 2 months ago friends or ours had an engine failure with their diesel truck and were refused to be towed by Coach Net because the fifth wheel was not attached.

Surprised you workded it that way. Yes Coachnet covers us. I would use escapees if they had a premium policy. But I have to buy two and that is a lot more than Coachnet.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On 8/31/2020 at 3:53 PM, Georgianne said:

Checking in to update that we are still working on this answer with VAS. Between our own office closures due to hurricanes and other scheduling conflicts, we haven't been able to connect with their president just yet. We hope to have an answer on this soon! I will check back in once we do :) 

I have an answer!

As suspected (and promised) your Escapees Roadside Assistance policy (which is serviced by Saferide/VAS) does include all vehicles under the same policy. The only exception to this is what I mentioned previously regarding MDT & HDT tow vehicles that have sleeping quarters. Those specific tow vehicles need a policy of their own, per VAS. 

Roadside assistance is roadside assistance- as long as your vehicle isn't included in the exception above, it gets the same coverage as your RV, your towed vehicle, and/or any other vehicle under your ERA policy. 

If for some reason you are told otherwise when trying to make a claim, ask for a supervisor or call back and speak with someone else. Keep notes of what you're told, and copies of your receipts/invoices. Customer service representatives can and do make mistakes, but VAS will make it right. Each call is recorded, and when they learn that something was handled incorrectly, they pull the recording to review the situation and do their best to make it right for the customer.

Communications Director

signature logo a.jpg