Escapees Roadside Assistance

Kirk W

My RA with SafeRide thru FMCA (I paid $74, it had just gone up from $69) is about to expire and my renewal is $159.  I was considering switching over the the Escapees plan for $99 but am afraid it will go up soon too. Looks like SafeRide gets you in for a low fee and them raises the fee at renewal. Not liking the above review by daveandmary either. Called Coach Net and may switch to them. It is more, $249 first year but renewal is only $169, not much more my than SafeRide renewal with FMCA. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'adventure' continues. This morning I called a left a 'call me' message on SafeRide's site. I did eventually get a call from 'Team3 at 'VAS'. 

Bottom line: There is no such entity as 'SafeRide'. All contact is from VAS who provides services for 90 entities.

Why Escapees is touting 'SafeRide', when in fact all services are from 'VAS' escapes me.

I do now have instructions for how to file a claim for the trip interruption benefits promised and I have a customer

service person who is 'looking into' why I was forced to give a credit card number in order to get towed even

though 'SafeRide' PROMISES that 'all vehicles are covered'.

And now 'Escapees' is mouthing support.

To be continued.

Hi @Twotoes,

The rates for our roadside assistance program with SafeRide are not increasing in the foreseeable future. We have been assured of that. As Georgianne mentioned, DaveandMary's experience doesn't align with our services and we'll be following up with SafeRide as we want to have the best experience possible for our members.

I just read the renewal paperwork for my policy.  It says "additional vehicles are eligible for Roadside Assistance Only".  Which means only our travel trailer is fully covered, but our truck & car are not fully covered.  Not sure what will happen if our truck breaks down on the highway while towing the trailer. 

Based on the above issue, I made several calls to SafeRide customer service, and obtained some interesting info.  Initially, my 1st call was regarding their cell phone app which I downloaded and set up a year ago.  My new member number & effective date did not update when I renewed for 2020.  Customer service acknowledged they had not yet set up the system to automatically update that info in the app, but it could be done manually. If that didn't work, try deleting the app & downloading again.  I tried both of these options, but neither accepted my new renewal member # so I called back again.  I spoke to a different person in customer service who checked to find out the Escapees program does not include the phone app.  She was not sure why I was able to set it up successfully a year ago, but that is the reason it won't accept my member number now.   

Georgianne/Kerensa, is there a reason the Escapees program does not include the phone app?

Thank you.....

Sounds like the employees at VAS (Vehicle Administrative Services) are not being trained very well.  Unless the members of whatever group they bought their plan from are suppose to know the plan is underwritten by VAS.   VAS handles a multitude of group roadside service plans, but their people should recognize the names of the plans they handle.  

The disconnect regarding the availability of the phone app for Escapees members is troubling.  

I started posting to this topic in Jan and April 2019, and at least then Safe Ride answered the  darned phone!  Thank heaven I renewed with Coach Net, because this whole nightmare story from the Escapees program makes my hackles rise! Good grief, someone definitely dropped the ball and we got suckered into a morass of pain. Coach Net was and remains the only reliable option for those of us who depend on roadside assistance for ALL our rigs with wheels! Shame on Escapees for letting everyone down. I hope they will finally have the guts and grace to respond and apologize. 

I have to renew i a week. I am currently with FMCA thru SafeRide. I paid $74, it had just gone up from $69, and my renewal rate is $159. Escapees is still only at $99 but I am afraid SafeRide will raise the Escapees price by next years renewal.  Coach Net is $249 for the first year but only $169 to renew, just $10 more than FMCA, and who knows what price next year for Escapees. Looks like I will have to go with Coach Net. Escapees needs to confront SafeRide with a bait and switch on price and services. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

Maybe end of adventure. Received reimbursement check for tow vehicle towing.

Received denial of claim for trip interruption benefits because the 'RV' was not disabled, only the tow vehicle.

BAH!

5th wheel members beware.

What DOES 'all vehicles covered' mean?

Escapees was never any help.

Beware!

1 minute ago, daveandmary said:

Maybe end of adventure. Received reimbursement check for tow vehicle towing.

Received denial of claim for trip interruption benefits because the 'RV' was not disabled, only the tow vehicle.

Thank you for the update! My apologies for the delayed response- we followed up with them regarding your complaint and were waiting for them to complete their research into the issue. It appears they reached out to you directly, instead :) 

Please know we are still working with them to resolve the miscommunication that led to your experience in the first place. 

Communications Director

signature logo a.jpg

But this is the answer!

DO NOT trust this program! Coach Net DOES cover ALL vehicles and towed trailers, things with beds or just with wheels. No questions asked and no charge out of pocket for towing, tire changes, jumps or anything else, even in Alaska!

Thank heaven I was so skeptical and renewed with them as usual. This is SO disappointing! We need to learn more about Escapees offers and hear real experiences!

• 5 months later...

What a fascinating thread. I was just getting ready to sign up with Escapees roadside assistance plan, thinking since Escapees was promoting it it would be a good plan. After reading this thread I’m wondering what’s going on with Escapees to not be taking a more definitive look at getting information out to those on the road.

Can someone in Administration update us on the status of SKPs promoting the SafeRide, or is it VES, roadside assistance program?

Edited by gypsydan

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

On 2/25/2020 at 10:25 AM, daveandmary said:

And for sure both Escapees and 'SafeRide' need to answer publicly on here as to whether the tow vehicle has full

coverage or not. 

For comparison, this is FMCA roadside assistance coverage @$159/yr. From what I have found, VAS is the parent company of Vehicle Administrative Services/ Saferide Motor Club.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

13 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

For comparison, this is FMCA roadside assistance coverage @$159/yr. From what I have found, VAS is the parent company of Vehicle Administrative Services/ Saferide Motor Club.

FMCA uses the same service company as Escapees.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Good morning!

To answer the question about tow vehicle coverage- our CEO is reaching out to the president of VAS (parent company of Saferide who services our roadside assistance program) for clarification. The only exception to tow vehicle coverage that we are aware of is if your tow vehicle is a medium-duty or heavy-duty truck which has it's own sleeper cabin. In those cases, they must carry their own policy per VAS, in addition to the policy on the trailer.

Now to the overarching concern-

The majority of the complaints we learn about stem from uninformed customer service staff. Each time we learn of a poor customer experience, we go directly to our contacts at VAS to open a discussion and work on a resolution if possible. When VAS has made a mistake, they do their best to make it right with their customer, our member. Sometimes, the lack of service comes from members misunderstanding their coverage, though, which is tougher to resolve as smoothly. In each case, VAS tries to resolve the concern directly with the member. Because of this, we don't always learn the details of the outcome, and due to the personal nature of some, we don't post them publicly even when we are involved. Please know, though, that we would not continue promoting a service to our members which we knew to be subpar or intentionally misleading. We respect the trust our members have in this organization we have built together.

To put this in perspective, more than 1000 Escapees members have subscribed to roadside assistance through our program (which is serviced by Saferide). While poor customer service is not ok, and is especially frustrating when you're stuck on the side of the road or in another stressful situation, it isn't the typical experience for the majority of Escapees members who use our roadside assistance program. 

Communications Director

signature logo a.jpg

Escapees price for SafeRide is $99.00. FMCA is $159.00 for a Class A. It was $64 two years ago and last year it went up to $74. This year it went up to $159 and I switched to the Escapees for $99. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer