Extended Warranties

OWV

I just started a topic, Roadside Assistance and would like to begin two others; this one and RV Insurance.  Since we are new to Escapees, if there is already an extensive discussion on these two topics we would appreciate if someone could direct us to them.  Thank you.  In the meantime, as mentioned in my first post, we have a new coach on order and I want to do my due diligence on these important, at least important to us, topic.  I appreciate that there are a lot of opinions on the topic of extended warranties.  We are going to buy one so, please, we would appreciate responses from those who have experience with extended warranty policies.

1. Which policy do you have?

2. How responsive are they to a claim?

3. How quickly do they complete their due diligence and authorize a repair?

4. How well do they work with a repair facility?

5. Any other comments you might have.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

OWV

Let ms suggest that before you get too far, you might benefit from reading this article which was published in Escapees Magazine about the subject of extended warranties. It is a bit dated, but most of what it says still applies today. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have always had the extended warranty on our Rv's (service contracts) we now have Cornerstone premium. We just used it two weeks ago. Total bill was 1734.00 cost to us 197.00 of which 100.00 was the deductible . Time to approve once the repair  facility submitted the request was one day. We had Rv shield before that and was satisfied with their service.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived