Seat not strong enough??

jcsteele

So i just bought a VERY LIGHTLY used Sears Atlas Elite Lo-rider (like to sit very low) and it will only lift me an inch or so (feels more like just taking the slack out) and not air up anymore until i get up. Truck air is at a full 120.

now, yes, im a big guy but i cant be the only one! This doesnt seem correct......... 

is there a regulator or something???

Make sure you did not pinch the airline installing it and make sure there were no limiting straps that need to be removed after installing.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Check seat belts  I had to add extensions to allow the sears seats to raise up.  Diff mounting location to the stock nationals. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Well as soon as i get up toget out, it raises right up behind me. So i dont think its either of those. Just litterally feels like theres not enough psi to lift my fat butt LOL

i have seen some scary large truck drivers and i doubt they are doing 100k+ a year with no suspension........

15 hours ago, jcsteele said:

So i just bought a VERY LIGHTLY used Sears Atlas Elite Lo-rider (like to sit very low) and it will only lift me an inch or so (feels more like just taking the slack out) and not air up anymore until i get up. Truck air is at a full 120.

now, yes, im a big guy but i cant be the only one! This doesnt seem correct......... 

is there a regulator or something???

Hi JC,

Is your passenger seat a Sears seat ? Does it do the same thing as the drivers seat ? Have you tried the seats with out the seat belts connected to the seat ? Just some ideas. My Sears seats will rise about 3".

Good luck,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Buddy of mine weighted in at 465 lbs. And his seat would always pick him up. But when he swapped to a new one. It for some reason did what your talking about. I think he found a line had been mashed where it goes into the bag.

Have you tried the pass seat to see if it works with you in it?

event.png

Archived