HDT Tires

Padraic

For the Volvo Truck, I use 22.5.

Not familiar Phenoix area. Google commercial tire shop and compare the price on Simpletire . That is what I did in Virginia. I am taking a risk to order online at Simpletire. They have a good price and "free shipping". I ordered two Bridgestone all position for my steer tires and plan to take it to a local truck shop to swap the rubber. The local shops on Bridgestone are much more expensive. If you are not picky about the tire brand, the local shop is the way to go. I am getting the drive tires (Hercules brand) from a local shop.

Simpletire can't guaranty the date code less than 4 years. You can return in 15 days with cost. That is a risk. I will see what I get next week if this gamble pays off. 

Since my trailer store close to Costco, I may get tires from Costco which I did before in Texas. They have a good price, beat local commercial truck tire shop if they carry the tire you need. I do all the tire unmount from the trailer and take it to Costco with my Jeep and bring back to mount.

PS. A quick google the web yield "http://phxtire.com/commercial/"

Volvo VNL610 M11+ 98 10 speed
Mountain Aire 40' 5th 2002
Outback Power, 1200 watts Sanyo panels

On 1/19/2018 at 5:02 PM, Flying Finn said:

Hi Padraic,

I bought Goodyear Kelly tires at Wingfoot located at a Pilot/Flying J two different locations,  Dalton, Ga and Winslow, AZ.

In 2013 paid $1500 out the door for 4 drives and a pair of Centramatics.

In 2015 paid $756 out the door for 2 steers and a pair of Centramatics.

Just happened to catch sales. 

I also shopped Hancook and Samson tires.  Went with the Kellys's because I felt more comfortable with Goodyear.

Glad you are getting back on the road. 

Hope this helps

Brad and Cindy

Brad and Cindy, just realized that was you a few days ago. How are you two? Where are you, in GA?

On 2/3/2018 at 9:27 PM, beemergary said:

Before going with Simple Tire find out where you gotta go if there is a problem. May not be worth the drive if there's a problem. Been There Done That.

You mean the warranty from a local shop is better. If so, that won't be an advantage for us. We are leaving the area after the fix up the truck and trailer. Most likely the truck would not see the East Coast again. For the most part from our 6 years living in the DC area, East Coast above Virgina is not friendly with big RV. In this area, you don't see much RV on the highway compared to the West. 

2 minutes ago, Mntom said:

I dealt with Simple Tire. Due to a screw up on my part, I had to return four trailer tires. I paid the shipping back, but they sent out replacements and I sent the others back when the replacements arrived. No hassle what so ever.They even supplied the shipping labels for the return.

Mntom, How much it cost to ship back in your case?

15 days return and 10% if not satisfied on the website. The only thing, I didn't like is not knowing the date code when order which they can't guarantee. But not older than 4 years. It will be a pure winner for my situation if it is 1 year.

Do you remember how old was the tires? 

2 minutes ago, Mntom said:

I honestly can't remember since it was about five years ago. They were small 15" tires (four of them). I do remember it was very easy to do though. I did get a set of Maxxis from them and they gave me no problems what so ever and were on the trailer when I sold it last July.

Thanks, will update my experience when the tires comes in this week.

I ordered my 5th wheel Sailun S637's from simple tire and they were less than 6 months old at the time. This was after tire-easy.com cancelled my 1st order which was a blessing in disguise as I later learned they buy their tires from places like Simple tire and generally get the older ones that simple tire doesn't want to sell. 

Unless they are trying to get rid of older tires, I think you should be fine. 

Curious what tires are you ordering? For your HDT? I had 6 Sailun tires for my HDT in my cart on Jan 30th and I should have ordered them as they were all on sale plus a 10% discount, but I didn't have anywhere to ship them. Was trying to find a place I could ship them in Phoenix and have them put on. Between 6 tires and the FET my order total was $1358 before shipping costs. That was a great price on tires. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Depend on where you at, here is a link

My install location is far, over an hour away, I don't want to drive the dry rot tire that far away. 

I talk to a local shop if they would swap the two "spare" tire/rubber for me. They seem OK for the job. Will see what will happen after the tires come in. Since I am just replacing two steer tires, I had them ship to my house.

1-Simpletire loaction-001.jpg

Simpletire delivery two all position tires this morning, the model below. The date code was 0717 and 2317. They were made last year and within the one-year time frame. So good enough (they guaranty less than four years only), next to have a local shop to swap out the rubbers. They were 75 LB each. 

Bridgestone R268 Ecopia 295/75R-22.5

Bridgestone Steer tires.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Truck tires replacement are completed. Got two Bridgestone from Simpletire.com and bought 8 Hercules at a local shop - Butler Tires at Maryland. They charged $25 to install a tire. $250 for all 10. The shop is a mom and pa operation in a mix zoning neighborhood. The trailer with the truck will be too long to be easy to get to their shop. The owner and his crew will install the trailer tire in a parking lot if I get the tire from him.   

On 1/19/2018 at 5:53 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

I have Toyo Steers and Hercules drives.  I'm impressed with the way the Hercules are wearing.  

I ran a pair of Hercules GLADIATOR QR55-ST ALL POSITION on the Steer of my Kodiak C5500. There ok, balanced out better then the Toyo's did. These were 19.5's and will be ordering a set of 4 this spring. For my Dump Trailer. Figure at $132. per tire.I can run them 4 or 5 years easy on the trailer.

Will be buying new Steer tires 275/75R22.5 this spring also. Looking forward to everyone's reviews.

event.png

Archived