Summer RV 3 week Trip from San Antonio need help

RedRaider89

Loop 289 RV Park is on Loop 289 in Lubbock, near where the Cabella's was. Nice park close to Tech and several eating places.If you get close to Lincoln spend a little time there and Ft.Stanton is a great afternoon visit. Great place in Capitan for burgers across from the Smokey Bear Museum is Oso Restaurant Knock your socks off burgers.,  

4 hours ago, Chalkie said:

While you are in the area of Carlsbad, go see the Sitting Bull Falls. It is a rather hidden gem in that area. It is about 30 miles west of US-285. You take NM-137 to County Road 409.

Thanks Chalkie!  I had no idea it was there.  Definitely going on my list of visits.

15 hours ago, Not Quite Yet said:

Loop 289 RV Park is on Loop 289 in Lubbock, near where the Cabella's was. Nice park close to Tech and several eating places.If you get close to Lincoln spend a little time there and Ft.Stanton is a great afternoon visit. Great place in Capitan for burgers across from the Smokey Bear Museum is Oso Restaurant Knock your socks off burgers.,  

I saw this in RV Park in Lubbock when I was researching.  I will look into more.  Thanks 

Just changed my trip to include Durango, CO.  Staying at KOA Camp Ground in Durango for 6 nights.  That will make it over an 8 hour drive to Lubbock.  Stay 2 nights then to San Antonio.

Looking for suggestions for Durango, CO things to do.  I know riding the train is a must.  I did that as a kid.

Durango:  https://www.durango.org/discover-durango/outdoor-recreation/

Definitely take a float trip - mild or wild

The train up to Silverton and return via the bus

Silverton: rent a Jeep for some fun and beauty. The Visitors Center in Silverton has good maps for all abilities as will the Jeep Rental

Purgatory Ski Resort has some activities geared for children.. and adults during the summer

If still offered, the town rec center has a nice indoor pool and daily passes

if bring bikes... or renting... the town's paved trails are very nice

It would be long days but you could day trip to Mesa Verde Nat'l Park or do a circle drive from Durango to Cortez then Hwy 145 up to Telluride over to Ouray (a nice town hot spring pool) down to Silverton and back to Durango

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Archived