2018 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

Home sweet home, nice drive (8+ mpg) and even saw a few fellow HDT drivers from the rally on the road.  This rally exceeded my expectations all of the presentations were great and over the top on detailed information.  I now have a laundry list of things to do on the HDT and Host camper to make vacations even better.  What a great bunch of folks I meet and thank you for sharing all of the information with me.  Chad you put on a first class rally, thank you for everything you did!

Dennis

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Backed into the driveway about an hour ago. Just north of 2100 miles for this trip by time we made the rounds to see everyone. Thanks again Chad for putting the rally together.  I think the shirts turned out especially nice this year. My 3 girls, while wearing their t shirts, told everyone we met about the big truck rally.  It was great to see folks from the previous rallies and meet new folks as well. This is a very special group of people. I will leave that open for interpretation 😂. Looking forward the next year. Safe travels till then. 

We just walked into the house in Virginia.  Visited my brother in northern Illinois on the way back. 

Chad, thanks for doing all the work to put the WCR together.  It was superb! 

And, thanks to all the other attendees.  Great interaction.  Made some new friends.  Learned new things.  Could not have been better.

Chet and Deb

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

2 hours ago, iddy said:

Thanks everyone especially Chad my wife and I had a great time. I'm off to pickup my truck up Sunday wish me luck. Can't wait for next years all ready. Ron and Kerstin

Congratulations.  Good luck with the new (to you) truck.  Looking forward to seeing it next year.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would share this link to a very nice video Jim (ewacowboy) made from the WCR.  Thanks again Jim, I really appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLFgRfxGYC4

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived