2018 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things ready to hit the road.  I’m leaving in the morning and will be stopping in Northern Nevada for a week prior to the rally.  I will have very limited connectivity (if any) for that week so if you are trying to get in touch with me, I apologize in advance.  I most likely won’t be able to check the forum during that time either.  I’m not sure (because I have never stayed at my destination before), but I am told it is about a three mile drive from camp to get a cell signal.  It will be nice to unplug for a little while.

I will arrive at Ambassador a week from Monday (June 11) and will have full access to everything again then.  I will check in here again later tonight and I will have access at my stopover in Winnemucca tomorrow night.  After that I will be off the grid for a while.  I have a few emails from some of you in my in box right now.  I will respond to those shortly.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone at the rally.

See you soon.

Chad

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tahoe Shark said:

Have a great time Chad, don’t take any crap from the Can Am crowd😉

I'll give'em a run for their money.  ;)

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

• 2 weeks later...

I made it to the Caldwell area.  Sitting at Paul’s Truck Wash in Nampa getting everything cleaned up.  Will be at Ambassador soon.

event.png    

Howdy All,

Our plan is to camp at Walmart in Caldwell, the evening of the 13th, get our shopping done then wander into the camp ground early on the 14th.  Se all'ya'all when we get there.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I’m all set up in site 106.  Just got back from a nice dinner at Cracker Barrel with Rick S and his lovely bride.  I know there is at least one other rally attendee here, but I haven’t walked the park to see if anyone else is here (I think there are some others here as well).  I guess the pre rally festivities are officially beginning ;).  I’m looking forward to everyone getting here to get the rally going in full swing.  

I’ve been “unplugged” for a week, so I have some catching up to do here on the forum and with emails and the like.  If anyone needs to get in touch with me about the rally (or anything else) I am back in civilization and reachable again.

event.png    

On 6/11/2018 at 6:06 PM, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Our plan is to camp at Walmart in Caldwell, the evening of the 13th, get our shopping done then wander into the camp ground early on the 14th.  Se all'ya'all when we get there.

Dave

We have the same plan.  We just got settled in at the Walmart.  Tomorrow I plan to get my filthy truck washed and head to the RV park.

2007 Volvo VNL670, Singled, Air ride hitch

Howdy All,

We are camping at the Caldwell Walmart, we just got settled in a few minutes ago.

there is another HDT parked about 50 feet from us, they were here when we arrived, chooseopen, Dave is that you?

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy Neighbor,

we are going to do some shopping in the morning if your still here we can meet 

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

See you guys in the morning.

event.png    

1 hour ago, noteven said:

mr. cob did that grader engine pull ok on the hills? 😀

Howdy noteven,

well, I told myself that I would be good and obey the speed limits at all times.  And then Cabage Hill into view and a  Kenworth towing a flatbed with what like a fairly light load made a pass from behind to get a run at the grade.

I pulled that grade with the Freightliner, many times and always wished it more then 10 gears, this was as good a time as any to see what the Peterbilt was made of.

I tucked in behind that KW and hung right in there until that tight switch back with the 50 mph suggested speed sign, I had to back off as I just wasn’t comfortable going faster around that curve with RV trailer in tow.

The KW gained about a quarter mile on me in those tight corners but near the top of the grade where straitens out I was gaining slowly but gaining I crested the grade right on that buggers tail, the Ole Pete must have done OK as the KW gave a good light display at the top of the hill.

If asked how fast we were going at top, I’ll smile and recite the 5th Ammenment.  So short answer as to how does  the Pete pulls the grade, it does it well.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy Chad and Rick,

Nice of you folks to stop by our Walmart camp site we’l Pulling into the rally site within a couple hours see all’ya’all soon.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

It was a very good “Welcome - Day 1” of the rally.  Lots of new faces and some returning members.  We had a nice get together this evening with introductions.  Looking forward to the rest of the weekend.  :)

event.png    

For those of you who asked, here is the link to the revised schedule for the rally.

event.png    

Howdy All,

Just a short note to thank Chad for setting up some range time for the group.  I was very pleasantly surprised by how many folks participated in this outing way more then I expected.  I would like to thank the people who attended the shooting event I have spent a lot of time on ranges both in the military and as a civilian and was impressed by how safety conscious everyone was and how those who had no firearms experience listened to and followed the instructions given to them.  I had a lot of fun and look forward to this being part of future WCR's.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

It was a great first full day of the rally.  We had some good presentations and a lot of fun at the range.  I’m looking forward to some more fun and informative days.  I als appreciate the comments and am glad everyone is enjoying themselves.

event.png    

Sounds like you guys and galls are having a lot of fun over there might make it next year last year could not make it because of to much (and yet I apologize for using a four lettered word again)" work" this year is the exact opposite. Company I worked for decided to retire . They sold all of there tools and equipment. And that was the end of that. They where in business for at least 40 years .I have the truck bed finished should have it on the truck buy next year. That is the problem with construction you cant predict who you will be working for from one year to the next. I have a little over 2 years left til I can retire after that I am going to find something to do that is a little more predictable. you all down there  in Caldwell keep the partying down to a dull roar the neighbors up here in central Washington are starting to complain about the noise threating to call the cops ha. Wish we where there. have fun . party on.

2 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

That is the problem with construction you cant predict who you will be working for from one year to the next.

I have never had the problem of WHO I am going to work for, as I am a contractor and have been running my own company since 1992.  But, the ups and downs of the industry is certainly constant.  Right now, the whole tariffs thing is really affecting my business.  Cement, rebar and steel are big parts of my business and so seems like fewer projects going out to bid.  Just trying to hang on for a few more years and then I can do something else.  Will have some real estate investments paid off and can then use that as monthly income.  Looks like SS might be a question mark in the near future.  Last I saw, the Administration is looking at some reduction in benefits to keep it afloat. 

Marcel

Archived