2018 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we are a month and a half out and we have 20 sites reserved and two different attendees coming in daily.  This gives us a total of 41 adults and 10 kids planning to attend by my count.  We had 20 sites set aside by the park to start with, so all of those are filled up.  If you haven't made a reservation yet and wish to attend, the park still has room.  I suggest you make your reservations soon though, or they may not be able to keep you with the rest of the group.  While the park is pretty good sized, even if you aren't staying in one of the rally sites you won't be very far away from the fun.

Once you make a reservation, please contact me so I can add you to my list (if you haven't done so already).  Everyone who has contacted me should have received an email from me regarding T-shirts.  If you haven't received an email from me, then I don't know you are coming.

I will be ordering the T-shirts this week.  If you want a T-shirt and haven't given me what you want, please do so as soon as you can.  They will be $20.00 each, payable upon receipt at the rally.  I want to give the vendor plenty of time to get them done before I hit the road for the rally (and some other stops) on June 1.

This will definitely be our biggest rally to date and should be a lot of fun.  We have a good mix of attendees with a lot of first timers this year.

Remember, we also need to know who wants to participate in the art project so the instructor can bring the correct supplies.  There is a $20.00 per person cost for this that covers the supplies and instruction due to the instructor the day of the project.

If you have any questions, let me know.

See you in a month and a half (or sooner for some of you).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Cant go this year but already making plans to attend next year. Assuming its going to be around the same date.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

9 hours ago, jenandjon said:

Cant go this year but already making plans to attend next year. Assuming its going to be around the same date.

Yes, we hold it over Father's Day weekend every year.  Its a good Father's Day gift to yourself.  ;)

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

1 hour ago, VegasFlyer said:

Well we just made our reservations, arriving on the 14th and leaving on the 18th.

We will be looking forward to meeting everyone.

Great, glad you guys can make it.

event.png    

Well, as an update, we now have 23 sites booked and two members coming in on a day to day basis for the rally.  This is definitely our biggest turnout yet and I still have a couple of people lurking in the wings talking about possibly coming.  I look forward to seeing/meeting everyone at the rally.

The T-shirt order is in.  If you want a T-shirt and haven't received a confirmation email about ordering T-shirts, let me know ASAP.  I may be able to add some to the order over the next few days since I am using a local shop (but it will have to be soon).

event.png    

On 5/18/2018 at 3:52 PM, Chad Heiser said:

Yes, we hold it over Father's Day weekend every year.  Its a good Father's Day gift to yourself.  ;)

Yes it will!

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Chad,

We are going to be in McCall, ID for another rally and wanted to go to the WCR but both of us had doctor's appointment.  Those have now been changed and we can make the WCR but we are time late.  There is no room at the inn!  The nice lady is working to see what she can do. 

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

31 minutes ago, NeverEasy said:

Chad,

We are going to be in McCall, ID for another rally and wanted to go to the WCR but both of us had doctor's appointment.  Those have now been changed and we can make the WCR but we are time late.  There is no room at the inn!  The nice lady is working to see what she can do. 

Hopefully they can squeeze you in.  I will touch base with them in the morning to see if there is anything I can do.

event.png    

Chad,

Carol called and let  us know she had an opening on Fri-Tues so we will be a day late pulling in but will drive the Smart in from Gowen Army Reserve base where will will be staying in the wait.  Is there a schedule published?

Chet

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart

3 hours ago, NeverEasy said:

Chad,

Carol called and let  us know she had an opening on Fri-Tues so we will be a day late pulling in but will drive the Smart in from Gowen Army Reserve base where will will be staying in the wait.  Is there a schedule published?

Chet

There is a link to it earlier in this topic, but here it is again so you don't have to go hunting for it.  I'm glad you guys were able to get a spot.  See you in a few weeks.

event.png    

Chad, good morning,

I had hoped to sneak away from my horse stable-boy-slave duties long enough to spend a day or two at the WCR........However.......Dolly-the-paint-horse and Dollymamma have a "Connected-Rider-Phd-Class ("Connected I guess is where rider is NOT falling off horse yet....whatever(Phd= Pile-Higher-Deeper))........anyhow this "Connected-Class" is 14-18th in Dayton Oregon so as a slave-boy I have rig driver-duty and manure-fork lessons to attend to so........No WHDT gig for me........

I had mentioned in the past that I might bring over a vib-plotter to perhaps get a better idea where your cruise-speed vibs might be originating but seems horse gigs have pinned me down..........just wondering.......would you by chance be thinking about taking Hwy 26 to Bend and then Hwy 97 South back to your home.........if so perhaps I might meet up with you and run a few Vib-plots and perhaps give you some ideas where your vibs are......

Couple of hours would likely be all it takes to make a couple of runs down the road and get some plots.......

Let me know your thoughts.

Drive on...........(Horse-slave......more than full time gig...)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

5 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

Chad, good morning,

I had hoped to sneak away from my horse stable-boy-slave duties long enough to spend a day or two at the WCR........However.......Dolly-the-paint-horse and Dollymamma have a "Connected-Rider-Phd-Class ("Connected I guess is where rider is NOT falling off horse yet....whatever(Phd= Pile-Higher-Deeper))........anyhow this "Connected-Class" is 14-18th in Dayton Oregon so as a slave-boy I have rig driver-duty and manure-fork lessons to attend to so........No WHDT gig for me........

I had mentioned in the past that I might bring over a vib-plotter to perhaps get a better idea where your cruise-speed vibs might be originating but seems horse gigs have pinned me down..........just wondering.......would you by chance be thinking about taking Hwy 26 to Bend and then Hwy 97 South back to your home.........if so perhaps I might meet up with you and run a few Vib-plots and perhaps give you some ideas where your vibs are......

Couple of hours would likely be all it takes to make a couple of runs down the road and get some plots.......

Let me know your thoughts.

Drive on...........(Horse-slave......more than full time gig...)

Dollytrolley,

Too bad you can’t make it to the WCR.  I’m sure you could have shared some good stories around the propane camp fire (no real fires allowed at Ambassador).  I appreciate the offer of help, but I will be double towing on this trip and that is a no no in Oregon.  My route will take me into Nevada and then west to California to get home to hopefully avoid any issues with my set up on the road.  Maybe some other time.  I’m sure we will meet up eventually.

Chad

event.png    

We are having to cancel our plans for the WCR.  The truck got delayed com8ng out of paint, has to be resprayed, so we lost too many needed days this past weekend and have too many things to complete when we get it back, to be ready.

Will hopefully make it in 2019.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Chad,

There has been a couple of cancellations.  I need to call Carol and see if I can get in a bit earlier.

Chet

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart

17 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Dollytrolley,

Too bad you can’t make it to the WCR.  I’m sure you could have shared some good stories around the propane camp fire (no real fires allowed at Ambassador).  I appreciate the offer of help, but I will be double towing on this trip and that is a no no in Oregon.  My route will take me into Nevada and then west to California to get home to hopefully avoid any issues with my set up on the road.  Maybe some other time.  I’m sure we will meet up eventually.

Chad

Chad,

For sure it's a bummer that I could not come over and drink some Dr. Pepper and learn some new and "Old-facts" but as you likely know slave-boys have to mind the horse-toys and horse-exhaust-pitching.......

Seems that the State of  Oregon is sticking to old story that most of the highways in the state are too twisty, steep and narrow to allow RV double tows however those same roads are just fine to haul 120 foot loads of power poles with a RED Rag tacked to the end of the longest pole hanging 37 feet past the last trailer axle..........Likely don't need to lecture you about state regs...........Oregon contends that Kalifornia has wider and less curvey roads.......ya right.......recently stood on the dashboard on a 24% grade paved road Northwest of bishop and not only was it STEEP but it had plenty of curves and a sign that said " THIS ROAD IS NOT PLOWED WHEN IT SNOWS" hummm imagine plowing DOWN a 24% grade........bet old-Willy kept the blade really low on the first plow pass down the hill.....gulp....

Who knows perhaps the Dollymamma will find a horse trail to ride right out of your back yard and then we can set up Dolly-camp in your driveway and Drink your Dr. Pepper for a few weeks and toss Dolly-gifts under your rose bushes........perhaps your wise to bypass Oregon for other reasons than double-towing after-all........

Have a great WCR......

Drive on............(Double towing down a 24% grade.....exciting .....yeee-haw)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

9 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

We are having to cancel our plans for the WCR.  The truck got delayed com8ng out of paint, has to be resprayed, so we lost too many needed days this past weekend and have too many things to complete when we get it back, to be ready.

Will hopefully make it in 2019.

That is too bad.  Hopefully everything works out with the truck and the new fiver (even if you can't make the WCR ;)).

event.png    

5 hours ago, NeverEasy said:

Chad,

There has been a couple of cancellations.  I need to call Carol and see if I can get in a bit earlier.

Chet

Definitely give Carol a call.

event.png    

Howdy tyates007,

Nice trailer, enjoy.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

=

20 hours ago, tyates007 said:

Picked up the new rig today. I am going to miss the mobile suites but the girls are to the point I needed something a little more family friendly in a floor plan. Jodi really liked this one so I said ok. WCR will be our first trip. 

QzFTO74l.jpg

Congratulations on the new rig.  Sorry you were having issues with your old one, but it sounds like it all worked out for the best.  Looking forward to checking it out at the WCR.

event.png    

Archived