2018 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

2018 West Coast HDT Rally 
Thursday June 14th, 2018

Monday June 18th, 2018

Ambassador RV Resort Caldwell Idaho.

http://www.g7rvresorts.com/idaho/ambassador/

Please call the office at Ambassador RV Resort (888) 877-8307 between 8:00 am & 5:00 p.m. MST to make your reservations.

When making your reservations, please mention that you are a member of the WCR HDT group.

Ambassador has weekly and monthly rates if you wish to stay at the park longer.

20 sites have been set aside for our group.

Sites will be released back to the campground on May 16th, 2018 so please make your reservations early.

After you make your reservations please email me at chadheiser@att.net so I can get you on the attendees list.

The agenda is open format so if you have any ideas or suggestions please pass them along.

I will put out an agenda once I have it nailed down.

We are looking forward to seeing lots of folks!

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Ronbo said:

We won’t be able to make it this year. We will be in Maine about that time.

Bummer.  Maybe next year.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

4 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

We'll plan on attending.  See what we can break this year!

You better not break anything in your new trailer!  I look forward to seeing you guys again.

event.png    

8 hours ago, rdickinson said:

Doing it yourself this year??

Scott has a work commitment that is preventing him from making it.  He tried hard to move things around, but he just couldn't get it to work out.  Luckily we have things set up so that it isn't a ton of extra work if one of us isn't there (at least that is what I keep telling myself ;) ).  It will all work itself out.  I've been in contact with the park and they are ready to take reservations.  They are looking forward to our group being there again this year.  We were the first rally the park ever hosted and they have tweaked their system each of the last two years to make things a little smoother on their end.  We learn from the previous rallies and build on that knowledge each year.  This will be the fourth WCR and hopefully it will continue to grow, as it has done each year so far..

event.png    

While I am here and thinking about it, does anyone have any suggestions or desires for presentations this year.  I have a few ideas, but am always open to suggestions from the group.  Let me know.

event.png    

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Hi Chad,
We have plans to be there this year again. Maybe get some mountain and dune riding in again this year before the rally. Is Jen going make it this year?

Glad to hear you are coming.  I know you guys did the riding thing last year.  Wish I had a nice side by side to do that.  I’ve been itching to take my Jeep out to do some wheeling.  I don’t suppose it would quite be the same as the RZR, but it might still be fun.  We should talk some more off line about it.

Jen is a question mark right now.  She was looking forward to going to see friends (since she missed last year), but we just got some big news.  Our granddaughter is getting a new little baby sister and she is due in mid June.  Jen has committed to caring for our current granddaughter while the new one comes, so the timing might be a problem.  She may fly in for the weekend, but it depends on when the new baby comes.  Things are up in the air right now.

event.png    

Hi Chad,

Sorry but we will on the wrong coast this year so we won't make it.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

6 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Hi Chad,

Sorry but we will on the wrong coast this year so we won't make it.

Brad

I guess you guys are still on the every other year plan.  ;)

1 minute ago, tyates007 said:

We are going to plan on coming again. With work this year probably won’t be able to get there until Saturday afternoon this year. Thx for keeping this going Chad. 

Glad to hear you will be there, even if you arrive a little late.  The T2's need to keep our showing going at the rally.

event.png    

5 minutes ago, MYZMZM said:

Chad,

We are going to try and make it again. 

Tom, Eileen and Maleah.

Great.  See you there.

event.png    

Howdy Chad,

My plan is to attend this years rally, but we all know how plans sometimes work out but barring unforeseen circumstances me and Newt, will be there.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Chad,

My plan is to attend this years rally, but we all know how plans sometimes work out but barring unforeseen circumstances me and Newt, will be there.

Dave

Great Dave.  I look forward to seeing you again.  I am also excited to see your new to you rig and what you have done to it.

event.png    

Diane and I again have a longer term rental space so we will be there about a month prior to the Rally and some time after. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new attendees.

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

On 1/12/2018 at 6:17 AM, scubadave said:

Diane and I again have a longer term rental space so we will be there about a month prior to the Rally and some time after. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new attendees.

Great.  See you there.

event.png    

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder for those of you attending the rally, send me an email (my email address is in the original post) so I can get some basic information from you needed for the rally.  Looking forward to seeing you there.

event.png    

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DesertMiner said:

Any chance we can have an “ update” of how many are registered so far? 

Thx

Well I was going to post an update tomorrow after I talk to the Ambassador RV Resort, but since you asked...

So far I have had 18 people either express an interest in attending or tell me they are attending.  This is pretty good for this early before the WCR.  We are still four and a half months away from the rally date, so not too bad.  The rally information is posted on a couple of HDT related Facebook groups as well (although, I am not very Facebook literate - it is much easier to find information on the forum than on Facebook IMHO).

For those of you who plan on attending, remember to contact me (my email is listed in the original post) so I can get some additional information from you.  I've got a few things in the works for the rally and am working on putting together the schedule.  I will post the schedule when we get closer to the rally date.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

I look forward to meeting some new people this year and saying hello to some old friends.  See you in Idaho in June.

event.png    

Chad, once again I'm going to miss the WCR!  The dates fall on me leading a Family Missions Trip into Mexico.  Now don't go changing the dates like Carl did!  What I do takes out basically the whole month of June.

I was really wanting to go to meet you and a few others who I never see anywhere else.  I really like what you do (professionally) and how you have taken on this Rally stuff!  One of these days we will meet up.  There are a lot of great guys and gals on the forum and you shine out there with the best of them.

Take care, watch your six,

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

4 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

Chad, once again I'm going to miss the WCR!  The dates fall on me leading a Family Missions Trip into Mexico.  Now don't go changing the dates like Carl did!  What I do takes out basically the whole month of June.

I was really wanting to go to meet you and a few others who I never see anywhere else.  I really like what you do (professionally) and how you have taken on this Rally stuff!  One of these days we will meet up.  There are a lot of great guys and gals on the forum and you shine out there with the best of them.

Take care, watch your six,

Rocky, 

Thank you for the compliments.  Too bad you won’t be able to make it.  Hopefully one of these days we can meet up somewhere.

Chad

event.png    

Last year at the WCR, we had a local artist come in and teach a painting class thanks to Rick S and his lovely bride.  It was a big hit and Rick and his DW have agreed to coordinate another class again this.  Unlike all the other things we do at the rally, there is actually a cost associated with this because the instructor provides all the supplies needed for the class.  If you are interested in participating in this event this year, please let me know (and by the way, it is not just for the ladies).  We don’t have the cost yet, but things are in the works, so we will let you know when we know.  If you have any questions let ‘me rip. :)

event.png    

Archived