Basics to get started

Myddrin

14 hours ago, sandsys said:

Go to REI.com and search for coffee filter.

Linda Sand

This is a good example of why I want a suitable coffee maker before hitting the road.  REI has nothing I would want to use.  I want a funnel that holds a paper filter for easy cleanup.  A plain kitchen funnel will not work since the opening at the bottom needs to be small to slow down the flow.  The funnel needs to be large enough to make a full thermos of coffee instead of just one mug.  Finally it needs a long spout so that it will be stable in the top of a narrow mouthed thermos.

Example:  https://www.google.com/search?biw=1280&bih=624&tbm=shop&ei=7hzCWtXWAeHr_Qbx65-oAw&q=coffee+cone+filter+extended+spout&oq=coffee+cone+filter+extended+spout&gs_l=psy-ab.3...9717.10733.0.11023.5.5.0.0.0.0.93.374.5.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.VQFZ9EkTqx4#spd=15332023052244469047&spf=1522670843749

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Solo18 said:

Mostly, you will find that you will have to dump your black tank about half as often as you dump your grey tank. 

Traveling alone means I can go 3-5 days without dumping my grey tank and even longer with the black one. 

Do your dishes in a pan or other vessel and dump down the toilet might allow you get the extra day before dumping. Had a Fifth wheel with 2 Grey tanks so we had water use-age management at its best, lol.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Archived