Another HDT spotted today, 1-5-2018.

Stickman81

We were on our way to the Georgia RV Show at the International Convention Center this morning when I spotted another HDT and fiver.  We were headed up I-85, north-bound between exits 56 and 61 at about 1030 EST.  The rig was a Volvo, red in color with flames on the hood.  The fiver was mostly white with some trim coloring.  Looking on the resource guide, I believe it was Chuck Donnelly.

Here is a wave for you sir as I did not get a chance to do so earlier.  Safe travels to you and yours.

RallyTrucks07.jpg

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

That is Jim and Alie Roach.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

That was us.  We made it to Biloxi yesterday.  When we left Atlanta it was 20* out.  Biloxi was 50* when we arrived!   The pic you pulled was the guy that originally converted the truck, Chuck.

I didn't see you.... that's about the time frame where your out of heavy traffic and can start to relax again.  We left Norcross just as the highways started to move at 9:30.  We had a local truck decide he wanted to make the exit to I-85 south from 285.... came across in front of us.  I mashed the brakes hard enough to put the truck into antilock and locked the trailer brakes... Kept it in a straight line though.  

So by the time you passed us, I was just getting back into the groove....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

1 hour ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

That was us.  We made it to Biloxi yesterday.  When we left Atlanta it was 20* out.  Biloxi was 50* when we arrived!   The pic you pulled was the guy that originally converted the truck, Chuck.

I didn't see you.... that's about the time frame where your out of heavy traffic and can start to relax again.  We left Norcross just as the highways started to move at 9:30.  We had a local truck decide he wanted to make the exit to I-85 south from 285.... came across in front of us.  I mashed the brakes hard enough to put the truck into antilock and locked the trailer brakes... Kept it in a straight line though.  

Jim,

I bet your glad you wasn't in a LGT!!
So how's the park? I hope to see you after the Tampa RV show, if my old truck will make it.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

5 hours ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Jim,

I bet your glad you wasn't in a LGT!!
So how's the park? I hope to see you after the Tampa RV show, if my old truck will make it.

Roger

Park is ok, we fit in a pull thru.  We're taking 2 sites- back to back, but it works.  Power seems to be good, water flows and the sewer hooks up.  Place is quiet as far as people and dogs, but there are trains.... on a regular schedule.....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

10 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Greetings Sir!  Sorry you had the rough start that morning.  I can imagine going into anti-lock was a bit startling.  

You probably would not have noticed us anyway.  We were just another four wheeler headed down the road.  :)

Safe travels,
Jim

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

4 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Park is ok, we fit in a pull thru.  We're taking 2 sites- back to back, but it works.  Power seems to be good, water flows and the sewer hooks up.  Place is quiet as far as people and dogs, but there are trains.... on a regular schedule.....

OMG! We were at a nice park in Bushnell FL and the freaking trains!!!!!!! every hour on the hour.....holy crap, they never stoped!!

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

My shop is literally next to the UP mainline from the west coast to Kansas City.   I have either gotten more deaf or immune to the noise.    In L.A. my house is under the departure routing from LAX and with several other airports near by airplanes are a constant.     In Kansas the lack of air traffic was hard to adjust to,  the trains I guess are trying to keep me alive, here comes one now!!!

Steve 

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

37 minutes ago, 13speed said:

OMG! We were at a nice park in Bushnell FL and the freaking trains!!!!!!! every hour on the hour.....holy crap, they never stoped!!

It didn't take but a train or 3 to realize its easier to just stop the conversation until the engines pass.   I thought about putting closed caption on the TV.....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived