Refrigerator Cold Weather Leak

We are camping in Florida, and even here we are having sub-freezing nights. We noticed water seeping onto the floor from under the refrigerator. I checked outside and the evaporation pan was full to overflowing. I wonder if the cold weather is a factor in this problem? If so, would it help to switch from electric mode to propane mode overnight, which would generate some heat in the refrigerator compartment outside?

Any other suggestions?

2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A

Retired and loving it!

www.milesandsmiles.us

event.png

4 hours ago, MilesAndSmiles said:

I wonder if the cold weather is a factor in this problem? If so, would it help to switch from electric mode to propane mode overnight, which would generate some heat in the refrigerator compartment outside?

I highly suspect that you are correct about the cause. That hose only gets a few drops of water at a time under normal circumstances and most likely it has frozen those drops until the hose was completely blocked. I highly doubt that changing energy sources would do much for you but it probably would help to move that hose as Dutch has suggested preventing that drain pan from filling up, and then I also suggest that you put a drop light with an incandescent bulb into the back of the refrigerator as well, just to be sure that the hose does not freeze up. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived