Jump to content

Alternative to Winegard Rayzar


Recommended Posts

On 1/4/2018 at 8:47 PM, TheLongWayHome said:

We are looking for an alternative to the Winegard Rayzar ( http://www.winegard.com/rayzarauto ) Auto (OTA - Over The Air) antenna. Looking for a lower profile in the travel configuration - 4" or less. The Rayzar is 7".

Why are you looking for a lower profile antenna?  I would think that your A/C unit is much taller is taller then 7 inches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2018 at 8:47 PM, TheLongWayHome said:

We are looking for an alternative to the Winegard Rayzar .

I'm also have interest in responses. With the old crank up I could always find a tv station but the Rayzar don't seem to work more than more than 40 miles or 60 miles line of sight. The first Rayzar had a motor failure shortly after I purchased the RV. The second Rayzar will find stations but only near the Ghetto's.

Clay     2016 DRV MS 38PS3 

Edited by ms60ocb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the inputs. That was what I'm afraid of - no automated solution and just a hand crank. Can't use a hand crank in our design - too tall and can't use in the bedroom.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:08 AM, rynosback said:

Why are you looking for a lower profile antenna?  I would think that your A/C unit is much taller is taller then 7 inches.

Actually no A/C units on the roof!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TheLongWayHome said:

Thanks for all the inputs. That was what I'm afraid of - no automated solution and just a hand crank. Can't use a hand crank in our design - too tall and can't use in the bedroom.

Actually no A/C units on the roof!!

Hmmm, and you do not have a skylight or fans with are with out covers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pat & Pete said:

Or , a simple extended crank that he could lean in a corner . 

 

That would work for cranking the antenna up and down but you also need something to rotate it. This requires pulling down on the outer ring and then rotating the ring. Perhaps there would be a market for such a device.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Tom_M
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2018 at 10:04 AM, Tom_M said:

That would work for cranking the antenna up and down but you also need something to rotate it. This requires pulling down on the outer ring and then rotating the ring. Perhaps there would be a market for such a device.

hqdefault.jpg

A heavy duty extended reach tool might do the job ?

51gW4Qh-49L._SL1320_.jpg

Edited by Pat & Pete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, rynosback said:

Hmmm, and you do not have a skylight or fans with are with out covers?

And no skylights or roof fans!!!  That is why I was stating the 4" limit while traveling. Any venting will be side exhaust or 4" or less on the roof. This is a custom build. Air conditioning and exchange are done with mini-splits with the condensers in the basement!!! Not your average 5th wheel! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TheLongWayHome said:

And no skylights or roof fans!!!  That is why I was stating the 4" limit while traveling. Any venting will be side exhaust or 4" or less on the roof. This is a custom build. Air conditioning and exchange are done with mini-splits with the condensers in the basement!!! Not your average 5th wheel! 

Sweet!!!!  Sounds like an awesome 5th wheel!!!!  If you are staying at places for good period of times.  You could have the 3 mounting brackets and the cable installed on the roof.  Then when you get to where you are going place the Razer on the mounts and screw in the cable.  It might be more work then you want, but it solves your  dilemma!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

RV Cable Grip

All the water you need...No matter where you go

Country Thunder Iowa

Nomad Internet

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

RV Air.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...