Sailun tires

trhendrix

Everything I have read about them has been good for the last year or so.  Was thinking about going with them next time I needed tires.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

31 minutes ago, trhendrix said:

My new 5th wheel came with Sailun tires. I have not heard of them . Has anyone heard of or had experience with these tires? They are made in China.

I installed six of them on my TH last summer to replace the factory installed "blow max" garbage that was factory installed and that was right after 3 of the 6 blew simultaneously...1 on the right rear an 2 on the left front and center.  Have put over 8 thousand on them since then and they still look great.  Sailun 637s are what mine are.  Sailun is at that time and probably to this day the only Chinese company that is ISO 9000 or better...hopefully other Chinese companies have followed suit.  They are one tough tire and when these wearout I will replace with Sailun again.

Sailun has a pretty big following in the commercial market.  When I needed new tires on my last 5th wheel (3 or so years ago), I did a lot of research.  I ended up going with the Sailun’s.  This was based on commercial reviews of the tires (I upgraded to 17.5’s), dealer recommendation (trailertiresandwheels.com) and finally price.  They were definitely the best bang for the buck.  As stated above, they are built to a higher standard than most of the other Chinese made tires.  They performed excellently for me and are still going strong for the new owner of my trailer.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I installed Sailun S637 LR G tires on our last 5er, which completely eliminated tire problems on the 5er.

I now have Sailun S637 truck tires on our MH.  I see them on many HDT's now. They ride better than the 9 yr-old Goodyears did, are very quiet-running, and cost much less than Michelin or Goodyear. 

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I upgraded to 17-1/2" rims and Sailun H rated tires on my 5th wheel about 6k miles ago.  No problems.  Haven't heard of anyone that has problems.  The person who hauls my boat for me has Sailuns on his tractor and trailer.  He recommended them highly.

2014 Redwood 36RE

2013 RAM SLT DRW, Cummins, ASIN

2001 Dodge SLT Cummins

I just got back from having (4) 295/75x22.5 Sailun drive tires put on my HDT.  What I've read they are a pretty good tire and at $1300 out the door mounted there a good deal.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Info for all...bought 6 saliun s637s for my TH 18 months ago for $153. Each and had Blacks tires come out and mounted and installed for $250.  Camping world....the little rats said ....oh yeah we can get them for $380. Each....say WHAT???  Simple tire.com was the way to go for us.  Just saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for Sailun. 15,000 miles in the last 4 years. They don't even lose much air between trips if any. 

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

We are getting ready to move our RV across the country and I need to start looking for a new set of tires for our 2008 Teton Experience triple axle. The 16" tries on now are the original ones and still look great but are aged out. Seems like the Sailun tire is getting alot of praise for the value, is that still the experience of those who have tried them?

Thanks! 

2000 American Coach Heritage 45' motorhome

Another vote for Saliuns.  Only 10k miles, but the commercial boat hauler that launches and retrieves my boat has the highest praise for them, and he makes sharp turns backing boats into tight storage spaces.  Simple Tire has a great price on them.

When I replace my tow vehicle tires, it will be with Sailuns.

2014 Redwood 36RE

2001 Dodge SLT Cummins

Another vote for Sailuns.  2+yrs and ~15k miles and am very happy with them on our 14000lb 5er

Ron and Pat, and 2 Portuguese Water Dogs

2013 Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax w/SuperGlide

2005 NuWa HitchHiker DA 31.5 LK w/MorRyde IS

On 1/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, 529rvlife said:

you might take a look at these -

Made In USA trailer tires. Sales begun jan 2017. https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/endurance.

We bought a set of these in 235/80/16(149$ ea-we bought 4 of these) - w

here is the spec page for all the sizes available.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/endurance/sizes-specs?cta=TireDetailsViewSizesSpecs

you might check them out. 

Your Goodyears do not compare to the Sailuns. Size for size (lets use 235/85/16) the Sailuns hold more weight (4400 compared to 3640), are G rated rather than E rated. Goodyear doesn't even list the number of ply's where the Sailuns are 14ply.

BUT the big issue is that those Goodyears are only available in 15 and 16 inch sizes. Sailuns are available in 17.5inch, 16 ply H rated, tires which many here use on their fifth wheels.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• 1 month later...

Getting ready to buy new tires for the Cameo.  The Sailum sound great!.  Local Discount Tire folks stated they could not get them but would gladly sell me Hercules.  I currently run Good Year Marathons from which one blew and was replaced with another China Bomb which got us home.  Heading for Maine, need substantial.  Not certain if the current rims will accept much over 80 psi, 235-80-16's.  Do the sailum tires, G rated, require 110 psi?

Phil, Carol, Ariel, Grey Lady, SKP# 93039

2009 Carriage Cameo

2016 Ram 2500, CTD, 4X4

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.

http://motojavaphil.blogspot.com/

23 hours ago, motojavaphil said:

Getting ready to buy new tires for the Cameo.  The Sailum sound great!.  Local Discount Tire folks stated they could not get them but would gladly sell me Hercules.  I currently run Good Year Marathons from which one blew and was replaced with another China Bomb which got us home.  Heading for Maine, need substantial.  Not certain if the current rims will accept much over 80 psi, 235-80-16's.  Do the sailum tires, G rated, require 110 psi?

E rating = 80 psi pressure rating

G rating = 110 psi pressure rating

You can run G rated tires at lower pressure, but to get the increased weight rating (which is the advantage of G over E) you've got to run the higher pressure. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

If you are going to need new rims for the higher pressure, consider going to 17.5 inch rims and H Sailun tires.  The OD of the 17.5 tires is the same, or may even be less than,the 16 inch ties. We did this, and feel much more comfortable.  Your tire weight capacity no longer should become a problem.

2014 Redwood 36RE

2001 Dodge SLT Cummins

Archived