Thousand Trails availability

I bought a resale timeshare once; and could barely use it, because people with longer reservation windows would lock everything up within days. So I was left with fewer choices. Is TT like that? I see 60, 90, and 120 day being listed? Some are saying, it depends on the popularity of the location?

Looking at Platinum memberships; because of newly blind dog, is happier, just hanging in the rv. 

Any comments, insights etc appreciated.

If you are interested in TT,  buy a Zone pass (they often run a 2 zones for the price of one special) for a year and see if you like their parks, etc.   What area of the country are you in?  If on the west coast, it is almost a no brainer for trying out the system.   Then you can decide and look for a used membership that would have what you are looking for in terms of length of stay, days ahead for reservations, etc.    In addition, you can now add-on Encore parks (some at $20/night, some at $0/night) for $200 a year - - again on the west coast this is almost a no brainer for someone who has zone passes.

Barb

Thank you for the reply 🙂

I have mucked around in the passport America enough to know “happy” is going to be questionable, with any club, discount, or TT. 

My question is am I looking for a 120/180 window attached to a “used” membership,or is 60/90 day enough...

The only problem we've ever had with the 60 day window was last summer getting reservations during the eclipse - they were all booked 120 days out.   Otherwise, we never have a problem and can always get the holidays if I book 60 days out.   Mind you, this is the PNW that we are talking about where we spend our summers.  Usually book 2 weeks or so out, except for 4th of July and Labor Day, those are done 60 days out.   Going to add the Encore parks for this summer, again with 60 days out been our window and I don't imagine we will have any problems.

I stayed in an Encore Park in Phoenix reciently and talked to them about TT membership. Was advised that only 10% of the Park (over 500 spaces including park models) is reserved for TT member discount. They also stated that in the near future they were going to discontinue offering the TT discount entirely. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Zone pass (60 day window) works for us in the NE and SE zones. We travel Sept-Dec, non-peak. If I needed TT in July and August, I would buy a membership with a 180 window. We like the parks and are very happy with Thousand Trails. We added the Trails Collection for $199. 

We are adding the Trails Collection this year as there are a few parks that dropped C2C that we liked to use.   Will pay for itself in a few short weeks.  We have both zones on the West Coast.   And we have no problem getting summer reservations, even holidays, in the PNW with the 60 day window.  Trick is to make sure you come in the Sunday afternoon or Monday morning the week before the holiday.  For 4th of July this year, we will go into Birch Bay on the 24th of June.  Of course it is always a little tighter because July 1st is Independence Day for Canada so you have to be aware when near the border.     Same with Labor Day - reservations to arrive the week before (which means we are making reservations for about 67 days before the holiday.)

Thanks for all the reply’s 

I purchased a VIP Elite 60 Parks 21 days park to park, 120 day window, was an upgraded Platinum, so can be resold as a Platinum. It has only 3 of the 5 high use parks restricted.

it was $3150 with transfer fees included. I’ll likely add the trails collection; and still studying the RPI option.

Thanks to all for your input