Oliver Travel Trailers

ceciltguitar

LOng waiting list to get one built.

We looked at one at a campground and appear to be well built. 

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Olivers are great little rigs! Very low maintanence and quite durable. I think the main reason folks have a tendancy to shy away from them are fairly small holding tanks, fairly low cargo capacity, no slide options, requires different skill sets (fiberglass) to perform modifications, initial cost... and as Ken said... quite a long waiting list.

If one suits your needs as is though, and outside of some of the issues inherent to nearly all RV appliances and fixtures, I don't specifically recall hearing anyone that actually owns one have much bad to say about them.

I looked at 2 last year on their property. I believe that was all they had on hand. I just noticed the one outside as I was passing throught the town so I had to stop and look. My observation pretty much mirror  Yaromes.  I sort of think of them as a larger version of the Casta's.  If I had a home base I would think they might be best for some extened travel but not fulltiming.  It depends on you and what you can live with.  I have known at least 3 people that full timed in the Casita's. 

28 minutes ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

If people "have a tendency to shy away from them" why is there a waiting list to get one?

Never said the long waiting list was due to demand greater than production. ;)

Maybe because they produce only a limited number and they often halt production for months at a time? From 2008 to 2009 they produced 42 units. In 2009-2010 production was halted due to the economy and only 3 of the larger (Elite II) units were produced. Unit #45 was the only unit sold with a production year in 2010 and the other 2 remained. By 2014 they were up to 50 units and after production "really" started to kick off... the last count I remember was in the later part of 2016 when they were up to 125 units produced.

Getting the picture?

That doesn't change the fact that, when they get around to it, they are great little units and they put a lot of attention in to detail.   

Confirming a second time what Yarome is saying about the waiting list. That is pretty much what the lady told me last year when I stopped to look. By building on order they don't tie up a lot of money in finished trailers sitting around trying to find a buyer.  A little inconvienent for some potential customers but sort of make good sense to me in a lot of ways.

• 10 months later...

We purchased our 2015 Elite 2 Ollie used from the original owners during 2016. Enjoy camping in Ollie and it's very stable towing with our 1/2 ton pickup getting about 13MPG on the interstate.   Ours has twin beds and comfortable for two.  It is one of the few units with 5200lb Dexter axles, most Elite 2 units have 3500lb axles, it's also equipped with standard 16" LT tires.  Our ready to camp weight with empty water tanks comes in around 4950lbs, lower than most E2 Ollies that weigh in over 5000lbs ready to camp.

i-JQ2HFVK-L.jpg

i-9vdqzWX-L.jpg

i-6j3xRwd-L.jpg

i-4vWMmrS-L.jpg

Bill

Oliver TT

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Bikerabbi said:

Oliver's are supposed to be "true"  4 Season trailers.  Anyone know if they'll keep you cool in Phoenix in the summer?

Seems like real nice trailers but I doubt they will stay very cool in that situatioin.  Maybe bearalbe with a fan.  This is just my educated guess.

Windows in an RV, just like in a stix and brix only more so, are the thermal weak point. Those pictures above show a fair number of windows. However, if the a/c is decent sized you might be able to keep it tolerable. We spent a couple of weeks in Texas triple digits and our RV stayed tolerable (80-85 vs 105-110) but I am not sure I would want to face more of it at a time. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Oliver's are supposed to be "true"  4 Season trailers. 

Welcome to the Escapee forums! I don't believe that there is any RV that will be able to keep up with the temperature gain in mid summer in Phoenix, especially if they are parked in the sun. Shade for the roof and sides makes a great deal of difference as direct sun pushes the heat gain up in an RV much as it does in a parked automobile. Even most older stick houses will struggle to stay cool in the most extreme temperatures.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

From what little I have found the insulation value is R16. https://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/frequently-asked-questions/  Click the "what kind of insulation does Oliver use" tab.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 11/14/2018 at 8:45 AM, rideandfly said:

Ours has twin beds and comfortable for two.

Off topic but I love your use of armchair pillows on the beds for watching TV!

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 11/10/2020 at 5:02 AM, Chalkie said:

Windows in an RV, just like in a stix and brix only more so, are the thermal weak point. Those pictures above show a fair number of windows. However, if the a/c is decent sized you might be able to keep it tolerable. We spent a couple of weeks in Texas triple digits and our RV stayed tolerable (80-85 vs 105-110) but I am not sure I would want to face more of it at a time. 

They have double pane windows I believe, and awning option for both sides which shade the widows.

It would depend on the person and their mobility but for me I don't like the refrig. that is floor level. I would prefer the refrig. to to be raised and maybe a large drawer or even the heater under it. That is something that is affecting my decision on making an offer on a used Casita. 

Edited by bigjim

7 hours ago, Bikerabbi said:

They have double pane windows I believe, and awning option for both sides which shade the widows.

That does seem to indicate some effort to make them better insulated. I still doubt that they would stay comfortable in 100+ weather if out in direct sun. Very few if any RVs do. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI