Bestoma

Easy.  Most campgrounds allow you to wash your rig free, others charge a fee (~$5) allowing you to wash it.  If the cg is in a water restricted (drought) area you can usually get a RV washing service to come in with water to wash the rig.  Washing is not an issue, the cg office will tell you the options.  There often are RVers in a cg that wash rigs.     Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, Big Greg said:

Most campgrounds allow you to wash your rig free, others charge a fee

I'm not sure about that as we have been in many RV parks that do not allow one to wash the RV. A few have an RV wash area. I strongly suggest that you make sure that you ask at the office before you start to wash the RV. When we were on the road we usually used one of the self service truck wash bays.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

They are usually available in any area that has a lot of truck traffic. One of the larger companies is Blue Beacon with more than 100 locations. There are others and most any truck stop could tell you where to find one if there isn't on at that facility. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk, we always confirm with the office when we check in and want to wash the rig.  Most of the time its no problem from our experience.  A common concern (if not in a drought area) is that some people leave the water run all the time when washing which seems to bother campgrounds.  Where we are now (AL gulf coast) they want $5 so you can wash your rig.  There are different 2 fellows here who will wash it for you for about $120.  I suppose if you spend most of you time in the desert it might be more difficult or expensive.       Greg 

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

I use Blue Beacon regularly to wash my truck and 5er.  They do a decent job of getting the road crud off and it only takes about 10 minutes for the wash (although you may have to wait in line to get into the wash bay).  For the price they charge, it is definitely worth it to me.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We also used Blue Beacon Truck & RV Washes all over the Southwest and Midwest where we spent most of our time. We used them on Class A, B, and C rigs. I learned to ask for extra rinse since otherwise they sometimes leave a bit of soap residue in their hurry to finish.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 12/27/2017 at 1:28 PM, Bestoma said:

I should have noted that we will have dental insurance.  I also have the military campground info, just wondered what anyone's experience had been trying to get into one, especially in Florida in the winter months!   

My wife broke a front tooth cap while we were staying at Myakka River State Park near Tampa, FL last winter. It only took 2 or 3 phone calls to find a dentist that could get her in the next day, and the new cap was ready to install 3 days later. I think you'll find a number of dentists in the popular snowbird states are willing to accommodate seasonal patients from out of the area. It may take a few phone calls to find them, but they're out there...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

3 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

My wife broke a front tooth cap while we were staying at Myakka River State Park near Tampa, FL last winter. It only took 2 or 3 phone calls to find a dentist that could get her in the next day, and the new cap was ready to install 3 days later. I think you'll find a number of dentists in the popular snowbird states are willing to accommodate seasonal patients from out of the area. It may take a few phone calls to find them, but they're out there...

My local dentist office is one of those high-tech offices. I've had 2 crowns made there. They have a computerized machine that cuts the crown out of a block of material in less than 30 minutes, while DDS is doing the prep work. The dentist glues it in place and says all done, thanks for your business. Delta Dental pays their portion, I pay mine.  It somewhat amazes me every visit.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Fantastic, Ray! The dentist my wife saw in Tampa had the new cap made at her other office in Ft Meyers, but I don't know what process they used to make it.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived