SportChassis owners

Morelli

SC owners, those of you that own a SC with a ISL9 engine, check the air line going from the fan clutch to the solenoid on the firewall (purple line). If it is pulled tight, extend it before its too late. There should be ample slack in that line.

Mine was tight it was pulling itself out. Its a 1/4 inch OD line. I always keep spare lines and unions in my trucks for just in case, especially when you have air brakes and air hookups.  I rerouted mine from the top of the engine to the side where all the other lines run and gave it ample slack so as the motor moves, its not pulling on the line.

Thanks for the tip. I will have to check What year  is your engine? My Engine was MFG for truck delivery April/May 2014.

A difference subject on the truck I hadn't experienced. This Morning I started the truck to move it to start south Friday morning. The engine water heater was plugged and the engine started with some delay. The problem was the air-compressor didn't want to stop so the water separator kept blowing off for several minutes. I guess it didn't like the minus 8 degrees, I suspect the air-pressure switch was stuck. Some thing to watch as to high of air pressure could lots of problem.

Clay       2015 Sports Chassis M2-106

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

13 hours ago, ms60ocb said:

Thanks for the tip. I will have to check What year  is your engine? My Engine was MFG for truck delivery April/May 2014.

A difference subject on the truck I hadn't experienced. This Morning I started the truck to move it to start south Friday morning. The engine water heater was plugged and the engine started with some delay. The problem was the air-compressor didn't want to stop so the water separator kept blowing off for several minutes. I guess it didn't like the minus 8 degrees, I suspect the air-pressure switch was stuck. Some thing to watch as to high of air pressure could lots of problem.

Clay       2015 Sports Chassis M2-106

My truck is a 2016 and the engine was made in 2014.  The build sheets shows only that is was all built to order for SportChassis ....  Some air systems have issues when very cold and automatic water separators are when ice builds up.  -Roberto

Roberto, I checked my line and to me it appears to be ok.  I goes into a protective sheath with several other lines and disappears below the engine. The bunch is held together by tie raps.  The entire bundle moves up and down and side to side easily.  Where does the purple line terminate on the top of the engine?  Thanks Dick

The purple hose on the top of the engine is the fan clutch, its air activated.  Follow the hose to the firewall and you will see a selniod there  on the driver side of the tunnel, that activate it when needed.  That line is the one that needs slack so when torque causes the engine to roll, its has ample room to move.

The other black wrapped lines you mentioned are things like crank timing that feeds back to the computer, those run near the main fuel pump and filters ...  Most of those are self contained to the block and local ECU.

Hope that helps ....

Archived