Please don't forget those who are still out there.

Five Wood

Every year I receive seasons greetings from friends who still serve in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Most don't wear the uniform any longer.  They are retired military like I am.  But they are fighting our wars, and their deaths don't seem to count.  Our world keeps evolving and for better or for worse . . . we don't understand who it is that is fighting our wars.  Contractors don't count in the death toll.  They count to me very much and they should count to most Americans as they are mostly veterans or retired military.  But in the death toll of our various wars they are not counted.  Please make no mistake, I will never take anything away from the valor of our military.  As I said I am retired military.  As a military contractor, I chose to be there, and many of our uniformed military did not.  But please don't forget them just because the government and the news media don't think they count.  

Jim       

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

Thanks Jim for your service.  Like yourself an so many of us. when we put on that uniform we do it as so many in our past have done an our nation is one of great pride. We all help to maintain that freedom that we all enjoy. Although Freedom is not free  The Men/Woman of the US Do their best to keep it free.  US Army 74-77

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

TY Jim for your message! No, as a former Army active duty young military soldier from 1971-74 and now an old Veteran our Brothers and Sisters are not forgotten during the Holidays! I belong to several Veteran Pages on Facebook. Also assist Veterans with information and benefits that I didn't have a clue about until 2010 from another Veteran who helped me! 

Belated Merry Christmas to all; and Hope 2018 brings us the solutions this country needs!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Archived