Interesting Teton

GlennWest

49 minutes ago, oldbutspry said:

Thanks.  I watched a video on keeping hoses from freezing but didn't realize it was 'heat tape' they were using.

If you buy one that has auto on and off ( mine is on below and off above 37° ) you have no worries the whole time it's needed .

Edited by Pat & Pete

Goes around , comes around .

6 minutes ago, Mntom said:

If you guys need heat tape you are in the wrong area!!:P

Mine is neatly packaged away until such is needed . We do our best to stay as close to 75 as possible . Degrees , that is . ;)

I figure 60 years of snow is enough , unless we day trip to the peaks during Summer .:)

12 hours ago, Mntom said:

If you guys need heat tape you are in the wrong area!!:P

I agree but my work decides where we stay. Chance I be headed to Denver area in January. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

20 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

I agree but my work decides where we stay. Chance I be headed to Denver area in January. 

Wanna buy a heat tape , Glenn ? :D

Just Kidding . Buy a good pair of skis . 

Sorry couldn't resist . LOL

I lived in Denver for a while . I recall so much snow the airport was closed , more than once . :(

20 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Wanna buy a heat tape , Glenn ? :D

Just Kidding . Buy a good pair of skis . 

Sorry couldn't resist . LOL

I lived in Denver for a while . I recall so much snow the airport was closed , more than once . :(

In an RV? I need suggestions on a park. We stayed at Golden the last time there and that place can get expensive. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

2 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

In an RV? I need suggestions on a park. We stayed at Golden the last time there and that place can get expensive. 

Glenn, take a look here and scroll down to Denver: http://www.coloradodirectory.com/RV/

Here are reviews of campgrounds around the area: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/colorado/denver

VisitedStatesMap.gif

On 12/22/2017 at 2:01 AM, Steve from SoCal said:

No gas is IMHO far safer for my situation and not an unworkable on the road

Just curious, not arguing with anybody, but what is it you think is unsafe about gas?  I worked in the family propane business from when I was old enough to fill a tank on the dock until about 35, and treated with ordinary common sense nothing really more unsafe about propane than electricity.  And definitely far safer then the gasoline and diesel we all take for granted.

1 hour ago, Hot Rod said:

Just curious, not arguing with anybody, but what is it you think is unsafe about gas?  I worked in the family propane business from when I was old enough to fill a tank on the dock until about 35, and treated with ordinary common sense nothing really more unsafe about propane than electricity.  And definitely far safer then the gasoline and diesel we all take for granted.

I park my trailer in my shop and have 800 amp 480 service, it is far safer IMHO to have electric appliances and heat.     I do have natural gas heaters in the shop and a couple bottles fuel gas, acetylene and propane for welding/cutting.      The fuel gas bottles are in a space with my metal rack and no combustibles.      I am comfortable with 100 amp 240 service like you are with propane, when I turn off my stove I know it won't blow up the shop.     

This Teton had an RV propane fridge along with stove and heat.     When I changed out the fridge I made the choice to go all electric.    All the appliances were 20 years old and well used, the water heater tank was rotted at the anode bung, the heaters had scorched the vent plates etc.    I put a 16 space 100 amp panel in the basement for new 240 service and have the original panel as a sub now.    I have two 50 amp plugs for power and the sub or original panel is on one of the plugs, the other is for the water heater/stove.    

As I said in my original post this may not be for everyone, I understand many of the big diesel pushers are 100 amp all electric  as well.     I will eventually put a battery bank in to supplement the power at remote locations, the battery bank will be plugged in to a 30 or 50 amp service and charge at what ever rate, over time even a 30 amp plug would be sufficient.

Steve     

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

20 hours ago, Steve from SoCal said:

I am comfortable with 100 amp 240 service like you are with propane, when I turn off my stove I know it won't blow up the shop. 

I guess you are exactly right, it comes down to what we are all comfortable with.  I worked with propane all my life and I can see, hear, and smell a gas leak before it kills me.  By comparison electric is silent and invisible and scares the heck out of me to work with on any serious level.

• 1 year later...
On 12/21/2017 at 8:26 AM, j2catfish said:

I recommend having the roof repaired using the flex armor stuff.  I have had the flex armor applied to my Teton due to leaks discovered during Hurricane Harvey.  So far it is great!  It is flexible and sprayed on, not the painted on stuff.  They removed all the A/Cs, vent caps, etc and applied the flex so that there is no seams left to leak. They have several shops that do the work, mine was done in Texas. It was covered by insurance, except for the $250.00 deductible. JM2CW. 

Catfish

What is name of company for the flex armor you used? How did it work?

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

• 1 month later...

I had a 1989 Teton Madison that I lived in while I went to college. It had 2 power supply cords. They ran into separate panels. It was a different setup for sure but worked fine. We had 2 pedestals where we parked and plugged each cord into a separate pedestal. My washer and dryer were the only things I ran off the second circuit. I had 7500 genset in it as well. That was a good old trailer. Paid for the down payment on my first house. 

Several years back I rented a space in a 1960s vintage mobile home park that was a mixture of nicely landscaped and well maintained single and doublewide mobilehomes.  As the owners moved out, the older doublewide homes were replaced with new units while the singlewide spaces were converted to RV rentals.

Each space had a 50 amp pedestal and a dual 50 amp breaker, but if you traced the wiring it went to groups of electrical meters with 20 amp breakers underneath.

Yes, the park's entire electrical system was designed to allow only two 20 amp circuits per space, despite the 50 amp outlets. The doublewide mobilehomes survived on this, major appliances like stoves, clothes dryers and furnaces had to be gas operated. Air conditioners and electric space heaters were prohibited and each home could only have a single swamp cooler.

My 30 amp trailer plugged into one side of the 50 amp outlet using a 50 to 30 amp dogbone adapter, and once I understood the 20 amp limitation I didn't have any problems.  I ran my RV's air conditioner when it was hot, used an electric space heater when it was cold, microwaved my meals and used a hair dryer on my long hair.  I just made sure I used one, and only one, of these at a time.  

Edited by Lou Schneider

Glenn,

Don't know what area you need to be in, but this last Feb we stayed at Prospect RV Park in Wheat Ridge. It is just off I-70, Exit 266, easy access.  Propane 1/2 block down W 44th.  Very friendly people and reasonable costs. They stay booked pretty well, so suggest early reservation if you think it fits your needs. 

http://prospectrv.com/

We are going back to Denver in June and will try to stay there again. No frills, fairly close spaces, but good people--pet friendly if you have those. I think they can have room for the truck, but check.

Edited by jblo

speaking of interesting tetons. i seen one online for sale with 2 water heaters.  the sticker on cabinet door said two SW12DE heaters so it came that way from teton. interesting i thought. 2 furnaces common, 2 air conditioners commonly you see but 2 water heaters was diff. the idea of double the hot water is nice 

On 4/21/2019 at 9:34 PM, jblo said:

Glenn,

Don't know what area you need to be in, but this last Feb we stayed at Prospect RV Park in Wheat Ridge. It is just off I-70, Exit 266, easy access.  Propane 1/2 block down W 44th.  Very friendly people and reasonable costs. They stay booked pretty well, so suggest early reservation if you think it fits your needs. 

http://prospectrv.com/

We are going back to Denver in June and will try to stay there again. No frills, fairly close spaces, but good people--pet friendly if you have those. I think they can have room for the truck, but check.

That job fell through. I am in Freeport TX now. 

Edited by GlennWest

On 12/20/2017 at 6:10 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

https://rvroof.com/

These guys are in Florida.

I contacted them . For my 33 ft it would cost $5,270 plus tax. Pretty pricey.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:42 AM, Consolenut said:

speaking of interesting tetons. i seen one online for sale with 2 water heaters.  the sticker on cabinet door said two SW12DE heaters so it came that way from teton. interesting i thought. 2 furnaces common, 2 air conditioners commonly you see but 2 water heaters was diff. the idea of double the hot water is nice 

Put in an instantaneous in and no limit but volume of water available.  Plus the storage space returned as a result of the only 1 WH.

Marcel