Wheel Torque Indicators

VegasFlyer

11 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

...but they are so ugly.

I agree.  I would think if you were concerned about loose lug nuts you could steal (I mean borrow) some of your wife's nail polish and put a dab on the nuts and wheel and watch to see if they move.  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

1 hour ago, dennisvr said:

I agree.  I would think if you were concerned about loose lug nuts you could steal (I mean borrow) some of your wife's nail polish and put a dab on the nuts and wheel and watch to see if they move.  

https://pilotshq.com/dykem-red-tamperproof-torque-seal-1oz-83316-p-14368.html?gclid=CjwKCAiApdPRBRAdEiwA84bo3z4j5vMLVQSqRpXSGy4Bgb1UGgfRU0PKXN-aSBHRbKHJOCodnHS5ARoCP_AQAvD_BwE

Cheaper than her nail polish. 

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

20 minutes ago, Av8r3400 said:

Not sure if cheaper, but it may be a lot less painful then the knots I would get on my head if my wife found out I was using her stuff.  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Funny how this has turned....  Coupla years ago, I was looking for paint pens to mark some things on the rig.  Was having no luck, when DW saw a table full of ugly nail polish for <$1 bottle.  I bought several, did my marking, then gave the remains to the granddaughters.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

What is the "Skid Stopper" at Torque Tight?  I see it on the school bus but there is no image or explanation once you click on it.   Just curious, from how the photo looks I can't quite come up with a way it would stop a skid.  Maybe someone knows?????

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

1 hour ago, RandyA said:

What is the "Skid Stopper" at Torque Tight?  I see it on the school bus but there is no image or explanation once you click on it.   Just curious, from how the photo looks I can't quite come up with a way it would stop a skid.  Maybe someone knows?????

Lets you know when a trailer brake hangs up, causing the wheels to skid. If you can see the ribbon, pull over.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Or is trying to star in that movie "Frozen" in the dark in the winter in the morning ... cause you didn't close that "highly illegal ball valve" on the supply line an chock the trailer wheels so the brakes can cool off in the off position...  don't bring this method up unless your "CDL" teacher knows what a Cummins decompression lever is. :)

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Flyer and I have a really great friend who retired from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Force last year, (I am sure I wrote something here wrong but you all get the picture) any way I went out to his house back in October to change out the gate latch on my Toyota Tundra. When we were finished he went and got a bottle of nail polish, green, and I asked him why he was doing that. He told me that would tell me if my nuts and bolts were coming loose. He also told me that at S.A.R. they did this on all of the helicopters and rescue machinery so they could see at a glance if anything was coming undone. 

As for our mutual friend, it is not often you meet a person like this. If you ever get a chance to meet Flyer he is the same way. Great person and good guy.

Happy Holidays All!

Later,

Vegas Teacher.

On 12/18/2017 at 7:50 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

Lets you know when a trailer brake hangs up, causing the wheels to skid. If you can see the ribbon, pull over.

I still don't "get it".  What ribbon?  I always look for white smoke - then I find a place to pull over :rolleyes:.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

White smoke doesn't happen when the highway is covered in snow and ice. Amazing how hard it is to feel 1 set of tires dragging on the road.

It is a real bad start to the day laying under a trailer, in the dark, at -30C, with a bar and hammer trying to break drums from brake shoes....although it is even worse having to phone the office telling them they need to send a service truck and 2 or 4 or 6 tires out !

Archived