Pulled the triger

forxlr8n

19 minutes ago, chief916 said:

Very nice...show us the inside.

NO , it's terrible. I plan on gutting it and I'll get all new interior for it. ( I can take everything out of the cab except for the dash in less 2 hours) 

"If you can not measure it, you can not improve it."

Lord Kelvin

I wanna know how to pull the interior in 2 hours.  It takes me that long to get the seats and floor mat out.:wacko:

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

52 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

I wanna know how to pull the interior in 2 hours.  It takes me that long to get the seats and floor mat out.:wacko:

because I work at the factory and your job cycle is 6 mins long. No kidding I've done every job on the sleeper line many times. I went to a new job every day. If you where out I take your place. tomorrow someone else is out and off I go to do that job.

Lord Kelvin

1 hour ago, forxlr8n said:

NO , it's terrible. I plan on gutting it and I'll get all new interior for it. ( I can take everything out of the cab except for the dash in less 2 hours) 

Hi forxlr8n,

Congrats on your new truck. I hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions. I pulled most of the interior out of my truck ('12 630VNL) including seats, seat belts, wall panels,and head liner and etc. This is what I found out when I was  working on the truck. The seat belt bolts that are in the floor can cause a head ache. I needed the help from my neighbor. He was in the cab with a socket and breaker bar and I was under the truck with heat from a torch. Volvo likes there lock tight. The nuts are spot welded to the cab. They can break loose. Don't ask me how I know this. Be careful in taking out the seats. They are heavy. I can give more suggestions later if you want me to.

Have fun working,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

21 minutes ago, forxlr8n said:

because I work at the factory and your job cycle is 6 mins long. No kidding I've done every job on the sleeper line many times. I went to a new job every day. If you where out I take your place. tomorrow someone else is out and off I go to do that job.

It sounds like you know all about the lock tight. 

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

This truck was in an accident the local dealership did the repairs. The insurance sent the first check to the dealership and the next to the owner. He cashed the check and never paid the bill. This caused the truck to sit in limbo for 3 years before they could get the out of state title. They got it last week. Lets say they wanted it gone.:D

Lord Kelvin

Congratulations.  I look forward to seeing what you do with the interior. 

I have had the interior out of my T2000 a few times for various reasons.  I've even stripped the dash down to its skeleton.  I'm sure Volvo's are a little different than Kenworth's, but as I'm sure you know, it's not rocket science to strip them down.  Do you plan to put OEM stuff back in or are you going to do something custom?

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

2 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

Congratulations!!

I know someone who has a pair of Nice seats for that truck......lol

I was thinking the same thing.  Or he found a buyer willing to pay $10k each for the seats and used that to help pay for the 07.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Howdy forxlr8n

Sharp lookin truck please post lots of photos as you rework your new ride 

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived