SKP Quartzsite Campout

Twotoes

I will be in Yuma in Jan and am thinking of going to Quartzsite. May just drive up for the day. I have never attended the SKP campout and was wondering about the area you all stay in. I have a 43 foot diesel pusher and tow a Jeep Wrangler. I don't want to get stuck in the sand/dirt. Is the area solid for driving a big rig into? What are the dates of the campout and where is the location?

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I'm not sure what you mean by "SKP campout."  If you are talking about the Escapees Happy Hour, it will be held January 17 on Plomosa Road, MM3, although I don't know what time.  Plomosa Road is the northern-most BLM area off of AZ-95.

There are other Chapter and BoF get togethers throughout the month of January, some of which can be found here:

https://www.escapees.com/fun/events-2

Not all of the get togethers are listed, like the Boomers' rang.  I also don't see any get together listed for the HDT group, although I'm sure they hang out someplace.

The BLM areas where people park are, for the most part, hard packed gravel that is suitable for the largest rig to drive on.  Just don't try going down any washes!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Archived