Monitoring your rig on a tablet

Shawn Patterson

• 7 months later...

I have used VMSPC by Silverleaf for about 15 years and have been quite satisfied. Here is a screenshot of the way I have it set up for our truck.

VMSPC_Screen1.JPG

The layout is very customizable as far as guages and trip logs go so it is up to the user how they want it set up.

Next here is a screenshot with the diagnostics window open, this gives the option of seeing active diagnostics (ECM error codes) or as the screenshot following that shows a history of error codes since the log was last cleared.

VMSPC_Diag.JPG

(note there are no error codes in the diagnostic window)

VMSPC_Diag_hist.JPG

(Past diagnostic log while troubleshooting ECM failure)

Another nice feature is engine parameter logging which can be set to log any or all engine parameters at any desired period. The logging is quite busy looking but is easily imported into a spreadsheet for orginazation and analysis (as are all trip logs).

Sample engine log at 1 minute intervals in spreadsheet -

VMSPC_Data_log.JPG

Dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Howdy All,

I am just a Luddite, who likes real gauges.

IMG_2632-L.jpg]

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived