Induction cookware

Flashman

I took a magnet and went to Bed, Bath & Beyond. After finding sets that would work, I bought a set and gave away the pans I didn't need. Maybe not the cheapest way to do this but it certainly was easy to do and I appreciated being able to see how handles were connected and how they felt in my hand and what the shapes were not just the capacities.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Newer Copper Fit pans are advertised as safe for ALL heating sources, they even sell an induction cooktop. DW likes the fact a metal spatula or spoon may be used with them.

She also uses a set of T-Fal induction-ready pots N pans, but one must use nylon or similar material spoons in them to prevent damaging the non-stick surface. These were the best buy at that time.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

i have a "marcus samuelsson signature cookware" 10 inch skillet. good hard non-stick lining, aluminum with a magnetic base. i use it lots and lots. <$20 at an overstock place.  I have two stainless pots, one unknown brand for boiling pasta, and one that has a steamer insert, like a double boiler, by Kitchenaid. That is a good one. The others are ok. All were found at Olly's. Try to match the pan size to the element size. Cast iron works, but not as well. Enameled steel works. I have a magnet on my key chain to check any bargains i find. I wish the induction could work on my house battery. So easy to cook with it.

2 hours ago, Yarome said:

I am sure it will shock some folks for "me", of all people, to advocate cast iron (;)), but in an RV where storage space is limited... you really can't go wrong. Induction, LP, barbeque grill, oven, campfire... It's a one for all and won't break the bank. 

I had been looking for a pot to make small batches of chili or soup that was induction ready and wasn't having much success finding what I wanted. Then a light went off as I was looking at pots in the kitchen of our S&B. Why not use that small,, enamel coated, cast iron dutch oven? It was the size I wanted and works perfectly. 

For those of you in Texas you can find the one we have at H-E-B.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, eddie1261 said:

Anything a magnet will stick to.

Just to clarify for those who haven't used induction before--make sure a magnet will stick to the BOTTOM of the pot.  I've had some stainless steel cookware with bonded aluminum bottoms where a magnet would stick to the sides of the pot but not the bottom.

Personally, we've had good luck with Cook's-brand pots and, of course, also with All-Clad.  There is at least one dealer on the internet that sells All-Clad "seconds" which are (almost) affordable!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I use Ikea pots and pans induction symbol on the bottom . We bought this set It's very reasonable. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30286416/

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

• 2 months later...

We have the 10 piece Magma stainless steel nesting non-stick ceramic set.  It was not cheap but we both love it.

The detachable handles are solid, the nesting is space saving, and there is always a smaller pot for storing leftovers in the fridge.

I am going to throw out another source for VERY reasonably priced induction cookware. One that I was not aware of prior to my previous post in this thread.

IKEA! They have a cookware selection and are clearly labeled if they are induction ready or not. 

We found some on sale at CW and were not really impressed.  For under $100 we found a pretty nice set at Target.  They are very light weight, good quality, made for induction, and consisted of just what we needed.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

• 2 years later...

Cast Iron all the way. It is heavy and not for everyone, but it's my go to for anything except high acid sauces. Wish I hadn't given away my Dutch Oven many years ago. Would like to find an enameled one to make a large pot of tomato pasta sauce in. Now to upgrade from the single portable to the residential 4 burner cook top. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

8 hours ago, HelenMerritt said:

Best Induction Cookware Sets On The Market: https://cookingtopgear.com/best-induction-cookware-sets/

I wanted to follow that link but a first posting including a link for a product made me nervous. Did anyone else successfully follow it?

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

If you look at the URL you can see that it's one of the many websites that list "Best Of" sorts of lists.  The majority of them appear to exist to earn "click" revenues from ads.  IMO almost all of them are suspect or worthless.  If you want a real review of something try to find a site that actually performs tests.   For example,  If I'm looking for cooking advice I trust stuff I read here:  Cooks Illustrated

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• 2 months later...

I have a magnet I carry into discount stores such as Ollies. I found a nice all SS saucepan, double boiler type, steamer from KitchenAid that I like a lot. Last week I was in Target and found a Cuisnart two piece set of SS non stick fry pans, 8" and 10". I use the 10" for most everything. The coating is very hard and doesn't scratch like most that I have had.

2 hours ago, jessicabraham said:

I am looking for one of the most best induction cookware in my budget. can anyone guide me through budget friendly induction cookware???

Some good Cast Iron cookware can be  found  in lots of places, prices vary. Over the long haul it's most likely the best buy. It is very heavy so if weight is an issue there are newer thinner pans that work well, but not as good as the heavy  stuff in my opinion.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Budget friendly would be IKEA if you have one near you or shop online. It is not too heavy and they have some that are non-stick. It is not the thing if you are a gourmet cook however.

My daughter has a set of Calphalon stainless steel cookware that is induction ready. It is more expensive and heavier. I wouldn't mind it as the price is not all that high but it is more pieces than we have room to store. 

7 hours ago, Chalkie said:

I wouldn't mind it as the price is not all that high but it is more pieces than we have room to store.

I bought an induction set with more pieces than we wanted then gave the excess to Goodwill because that set met all my other needs. So, maybe take your magnet to second hand shops to see what you might find there. 

Linda