East Coast Rally December Update

SuiteSuccess

Just an update on progress for the April ECR.  Presently we have almost the full compliment of "regulars"  and already have 10 first timers to the ECR.:D   We welcome these folks.  Some already have rigs and just wished to come to beautiful East TN but others are considering an HDT lifestyle.  We have added several seminars to address such topics as "What tools do I need on the road?" and "Budgeting for a full-time HDT lifestyle--Can I afford it?".  Also our gadget and gizmo experts -Charlie Lord (sclord2002) and Randy Agee (alias TheProfessor) will be having an interactive seminar on useful gadgets for the DIYers.  Since this seminar will be interactive, I would encourage all attendees to bring any gizmos or gadgets that may lend to the discussion.  They will also be addressing alternative "home builds" for a truck bed using materials you may not have thought of but can get rather cheaply.  We are also working toward a "how to" project day that Randy will present on repairing the "cancer (rust and paint bubbles)" that eventually develops on all our truck doors at the bottom.  That should be quite informative. 

Of note for newcomers, we will be discussing HDT purchases spanning the spectrum from inexpensive to brand new and the costs involved along that continuum.  So don't feel our seminars will be catering to just those with deep pockets.  Donna is also working on some new ideas for the ladies social gatherings along with her assistants, so hopefully the ladies won't be totally bored with all the oil and grease discussions.

I encourage anyone that has a question or topic they would like discussed to please e-mail me at ecrcarl@gmail.com.  We don't want anyone leaving with unanswered questions or feeling they were left out.  If you haven't registered but wish to, head over to http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/product/2018-rally-registration/ for info and registrations.

BTW tickets for the Cumberland County Playhouse have not gone on sale yet but I will be giving monthly updates and will post a link when they do.  For the new folks, the Playhouse is a fun evening on the Friday ending the rally with a really good cast of local and national actors.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

54 minutes ago, hone eagle said:

we 'er in!

eh

Great, eh😅

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We were at Deer Run the 8th and 9th of Nov and went to the Playhouse and again, as usual, really enjoyed the play! Looking forward to the ECR. Kim said that she was about out of spaces so if you are planning on going give her a call.     Pat

The Old Sailor

11 hours ago, JPL said:

We were at Deer Run the 8th and 9th of Nov and went to the Playhouse and again, as usual, really enjoyed the play! Looking forward to the ECR. Kim said that she was about out of spaces so if you are planning on going give her a call.     Pat

The Old Sailor

Is she there? because we usually wait until she opens up after getting back from florida?

Around late jan.

2005 volvo 670 freedomline singled
Newmar Torrey Pine 34rsks
woot woot

1 minute ago, hone eagle said:

Is she there? because we usually wait until she opens up after getting back from florida?

Around late jan.

Believe she is Ralf.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, The Ford Bronco SuperCelebration is going on the 2nd weekend of the Rally (Wed-Sat) in Townsend, TN (about 1.5 hours). Great event and lots of Early and Late Model Broncos. We'll probably go on Saturday. 

https://www.broncodriver.com/index.php/events/bronco-super-celebration/

Here's a video overview of last year. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

On 12/4/2017 at 11:12 AM, SuiteSuccess said:

BTW tickets for the Cumberland County Playhouse have not gone on sale yet but I will be giving monthly updates and will post a link when they do.  For the new folks, the Playhouse is a fun evening on the Friday ending the rally with a really good cast of local and national actors.  

Carl, It looks like the tickets have gone on sale for Friday the 20th which will be the last showing of "The Mouse Trap". Since it is closing night for this show, people may want to get their tickets early in case they sell out.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

13 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

Carl, It looks like the tickets have gone on sale for Friday the 20th which will be the last showing of "The Mouse Trap". Since it is closing night for this show, people may want to get their tickets early in case they sell out.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Will be doing a January update soon with tentative schedule and info for the ladies. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Just got off the phone with Kim at Deer Run. She just got back from Fla last night. Made our reservations for the ECR in Apr. She said that all sites were booked but not all confirmed. So if you are planning on going you should call her ASAP. Here on the coast of Va they are calling for 5-10" of snow. So if you are on the road wherever you are be safe.     Pat

The Old Sailor

Pat,

We are almost home from emergency trip to Texas and I will be speaking again with Kim about solutions. If folks will give me a few days hopefully we can increase the accommodations. I’m trying. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived