AIR LEAKS-I give up!

ARGO

Too busy with the show to have a try at the leaks. That, and processing Corona followed by pressure testing the recliner. Engine brake a good guess, but I'm talking 65 MPH, straight flat road on cruise losing that much on the f tank. Fan is off at that speed anyway, and I checked the connections several times & the hub, too.  R tank holds dead steady. I'm thinking maybe the F tank has a hole I haven't found.

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

45 minutes ago, ARGO said:

Too busy with the show to have a try at the leaks. That, and processing Corona followed by pressure testing the recliner. Engine brake a good guess, but I'm talking 65 MPH, straight flat road on cruise losing that much on the f tank. Fan is off at that speed anyway, and I checked the connections several times & the hub, too.  R tank holds dead steady. I'm thinking maybe the F tank has a hole I haven't found.

Just wondering out loud.  Don’t the truckers in Yukon and Alaska put some type of antifreeze in their airlines?  If you think it’s a hole in the tank, couldn’t you do the same then look for bubbles on the tank?  Still think “The Whisper” would find a tank leak.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but have you checked the one way check valve between the compressor and the tank.  If it doesn't seat you would not hear the air leaking back to the compressor.  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Good suggestion! The bad valve would give the symptoms I have. Tks, I'll check it out next time I fire up.  The offer of a case of Corona is still good if someone wants to come up to Baltimore & have at it..........................

Hi ARGO,

Are your air tanks steel or aluminum ? I remember someone here on the forum that had steel tanks that where leaking under the holding straps. Just an idea.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

19 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hi ARGO,

Are your air tanks steel or aluminum ? I remember someone here on the forum that had steel tanks that where leaking under the holding straps. Just an idea.

Al

They are steel, but & I stuffed the wang on the whisper as far down from above & in from underneath between them & no alarm. Tks.

3 hours ago, ARGO said:

They are steel, but & I stuffed the wang on the whisper as far down from above & in from underneath between them & no alarm. Tks.

I find using the headphones is MUCH MUCH more accurate than looking for the leds to light up. 

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

12 hours ago, ARGO said:

I think you are supposed to use the wang  on the whisper on the truck, just saying.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Update- applied garage air to my connection for airing tires. F tank goes to 120. Disconnected the discharge line from the engine air compressor, no back-leak. Disconnected garage air, F tank drops like a stone, like 20 lbs less than a  minute. OK, we're getting close!  Got under w/Whisper, ALL OVER F tank, no leak. No leak at air dryer, only other thing in discharge line.  Can't get the **WHISPER**  wang up to the top of the tanks, will drop the tanks today.

Have a system purge air dryer?  Bad delivery check valve?  Bad pressure protected check in the tank (actually sounds like a good SC-PR that is doing its 20 lb thing-maybe leak in the supply tank?)?  System purge dryers take up to 20psi out of the front tank every time they regenerate.  Maybe bad delivery check or other dryer problem is making it try to do it continuously?

Archived