Does anyone live near, "Inver Grove Heights" Minnesota?

mr. cob

Howdy All,

I am very interested in a truck that is located in "Inver Grove Heights" Minnesota.  A good friend of mine who lives near there was supposed to take a look at it for me, however personal family problems are preventing this from happening.  If a member of this forum lives near Inver Grove Heights, has the time and the interest to take a look at this truck, take some photos of anything they think may not be right with the truck and send (email) this information to me, I will gladly reimburse reasonable fuel expenses.  Thank you.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

20 minutes ago, DanBree said:

PM sent, I am 5 miles from Inver Grove Heights, MN.

Howdy DanBree,

Thanks, PM has been answered.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 hours ago, Bob86ZZ4 said:

Aw dang, I'm only a few miles from there too. Dan beat me to it. He's more knowledgeable about these things anyhow. Hey, what about Dan's truck? Isn't that for sale? 

Howdy Bob,

Thanks for your post, Dan sent me a PM very soon after I put my post up and is going to have a look-see for me.

Yes Dan's truck is for sale, sounds like a very nice truck but it's to new for me, I am sure someone looking for a very nice newer truck would be happy with Dan's truck.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

I want to publicly THANK Dan for going to look at the truck and for providing such a detailed written and photographic report on its condition.  I really had no idea of what would happen when I posted asking if someone lived in the area the truck is located, I figured the chances were one in a million but, why not ask and see.  It's things like this that make being a member of this wonderful forum so enjoyable, the knowledge I have gained, the friendships made and now this fine truck report make all the frustrations of attempting to work with the latest software this site runs on worth while.

THANK YOU Dan, now I am looking up air fare and flight times......................

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

14 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

THANK YOU Dan, now I am looking up air fare and flight times......................

It was my pleasure to be able to help.  Give me a call when you get to Minnesota and we'll get together.

Dan & Bree

2010 Freightliner Cascadia 125, DD15, 455hp, UltraShift (Yetti, For Sale)

2015 Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS Travel Trailer (For Sale)

SWEET!! Glad to hear it is working out for you Dave.

Sounds like Dan did a great job for ya. Ain't this place great? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

32 minutes ago, DanBree said:

It was my pleasure to be able to help.  Give me a call when you get to Minnesota and we'll get together.

Howdy Dan,

Will do, when I get there ( sometime next week don't know when yet ) I'll call.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

37 minutes ago, Big5er said:

SWEET!! Glad to hear it is working out for you Dave.

Sounds like Dan did a great job for ya. Ain't this place great? 

Howdy Phil,

Yup, it is.  I talked to the man who traded this truck in on a new one, his description of what he did to it during the time he had it and after Dan's highly detailed report I am willing to take a flight back and check it out in person.  I was really hoping to find a truck out west where they don't salt the roads 6 months out of the year but if the rest of the truck is in good shape I am willing to do some work cleaning up surface rust and dabbing paint.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

34 minutes ago, ewacowboy said:

Congrats Dave!  We want to see pictures when you get back :D

Howdy Jim,

If this deal goes through I'll post photos, like most old trucks it undoubtedly looks better from 20 feet away then it does up close but with TLC and some touch up paint it has a good chance of being a eye catcher.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

13 minutes ago, Buscrusher said:

X2 😎

Howdy Doug,

Will do, I think you'll like it.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Doug,

Will do, I think you'll like it.

Dave

Thank you! You're so lucky to be able to indulge the Want it (dont NEED it) thing. I did that when I was a bachelor and rode motorcycles.  Now the budget won't support the habit...

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

I hope it's the truck you are expecting Dave!

I didn't realize who Dan was until I looked at the truck  he has for sale and realized we chatted at the National rally about it. He had the cool removable extensions added to the pedals so his wife could reach them. It's so great Dan you were able to help out Dave on this! 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

9 hours ago, BlueLghtning said:

It's so great Dan you were able to help out Dave on this!

Thanks! I am glad I was able to help out.

Dan & Bree

2010 Freightliner Cascadia 125, DD15, 455hp, UltraShift (Yetti, For Sale)

2015 Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS Travel Trailer (For Sale)

Is the seller going to pick you up at the airport? I live 10 minutes from MSP and would be happy to pick you up and drive you down to the truck. If I've got no conflicts during your visit that is. I'll p/m you my number and please give me a call and see if I can help out. 

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

9 minutes ago, Bob86ZZ4 said:

Is the seller going to pick you up at the airport? I live 10 minutes from MSP and would be happy to pick you up and drive you down to the truck. If I've got no conflicts during your visit that is. I'll p/m you my number and please give me a call and see if I can help out. 

Howdy Bob,

If I fly into the Twin Cities, I'll be on the "Red Eye" leave from Seattle at around midnight, arrive at the Twin Cities around 4:AM, yes I really am that CHEAP gota spend money on a different truck donchaknow, youbetcha. :D  I can still talk MinEsootaaaa when the need arises.  My friend Gary who lives in Andover will be picking me up and I'll be staying at his home until I either fly or drive back home.

I am waiting on the seller to get an ECM printout, he said he should have one within a couple of days, if the printout verifies some of what I have been told then I'll get cracking on getting a ticket.  THANK YOU very much for your offer to pick me up, I really do appreciate it.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

18 minutes ago, Bob86ZZ4 said:

Even if you don't need any help, please call me when you know your schedule. I'd love to tag along and see the truck with you. Maybe Dan and I can have dinner with you? 

Howdy Bob,

If I fly in, I'll be sure to contact you and Dan, it's always great to meet new folks.  My Mom told me I was born with a hollow leg, Dad told me the biggest pay raise he ever got was the day I moved out on my own, so dinner sounds good. :D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived