Mobley problems

Checked AT&T and found this:

FREE
with 2-year contract w/qual. plans

IRU Discount IconNow price is $0point00/mo. Original price was $0point00

with 2-year contract
with 2-year contract w/qual. plans
Retail price. Requires qualified service.

Other Conditions

Ships between  Dec 29, 2017 - Jan 3, 2018.
Shipping date subject to change.

2-day shipping

Pick up in store today | Check availability

For me that's the first time in a L-O-N-G time they've even showed a ship date!
Might be worth the gamble - look forward to hearing from someone who's been there,
done that.  Thanks for bringing this up!!

I just ordered with the help of a guy in CHAT.  I asked him 3 times, 3 different ways, if what jimnina stated was actually available.  He said YES, so I took the chance.  I have a copy of the chat transcript, so if anyone deviates from it, I'll have something to jump up and down with.  I'll let everyone know when I get the ship order.....

BTW - their website was a pita to deal with for shipping - they didn't want to use all the lines that are available, so ended up not being able to put the rV park in, but the address is good, so should get here.  I spent 1-1/2 hours putting the same thing in, changing stuff, asking the chat guy....gotta go have dinner now.  NOW.

1 hour ago, dirtyboots said:

I just ordered with the help of a guy in CHAT.  I asked him 3 times, 3 different ways, if what jimnina stated was actually available.  He said YES, so I took the chance.  I have a copy of the chat transcript, so if anyone deviates from it, I'll have something to jump up and down with.  I'll let everyone know when I get the ship order.....

BTW - their website was a pita to deal with for shipping - they didn't want to use all the lines that are available, so ended up not being able to put the rV park in, but the address is good, so should get here.  I spent 1-1/2 hours putting the same thing in, changing stuff, asking the chat guy....gotta go have dinner now.  NOW.

Did the guy specifically say that the Car Connect plan was unlimited data?  I think that's what made the Mobley deal so attractive.

Keep us updated because I definitely will get one if the Car Connect plan hasn't changed.

I'll believe it when I see it. From what I know... you CAN get "$20 unlimited data" for your mobley in a sense, but it's not the stand-alone car connect plan most folks are referring to.

If you have an unlimited data wireless plan with AT&T you can add a Mobley device to your existing wireless plan for an additional $20 a month. So in a sense, you can call it that.

What made the mobley so attractive was the $20/mnth STAND-ALONE car connect plan. No additional AT&T plans, existing account or other required.

Side note: I DO hope I'm wrong. I fairly talked a friend into one. We were both watching daily to try and catch AT&T with mobley's in stock for a good 6-7 weeks. He finally bit the bullet and picked one up for $200someodd dollars from eBay (along with a unite explore and MIMO antenna). After he got it he waited 6 days before going in to activate it and get the $20 plan only to find out it had been discontinued 2 days prior.

Called into car connect 4 times trying to get a rep that wasn't yet aware and sign him up... no go. Since September he's been paying the $25/mnth for a 5GB plan just waiting for the $20 plan to be offered again. 

I hope you are wrong, too!  I asked ALL those questions in the chat....3 times in different ways.  I mentioned the stand alone issue (I do not have an AT&T account but will once the Mobley is active).  I'll let everyone know once I get the Mobley and do the switch on activation as required.  Fingers crossed.

Latest AT&T Mobley deal.

ZTE Mobley turns most vehicles 1996 and newer into mobile Hotspots. Just plug the device into your vehicle’s OBD-II port and your Hotspot is live.** Add the device to Mobile Share Value/Mobile Data plan for an access charge of $10.

Or, you can connect with a DataConnect plan with monthly charges of $20 for 1GB or $30 for 3GB.
**Services provided by AT&T Mobility. Coverage and services not available everywhere.

Good luck if you can get the old $20 unlimited no longer offered.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Biker56: If you already have two AT&T phones on a Mobile Share plan, then it costs $10 a month to add the Mobley and have "unlimited" data.  I think it costs $20 add a normal mobile hotspot (Mifi), so it is a bargain.  But a normal mobile hotspot should have better radios and frequency support.  I say "two AT&T phones" since with only one phone the plan price jumps a lot to add a second device or phone.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

23 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

Biker56: If you already have two AT&T phones on a Mobile Share plan, then it costs $10 a month to add the Mobley and have "unlimited" data.  I think it costs $20 add a normal mobile hotspot (Mifi), so it is a bargain.  But a normal mobile hotspot should have better radios and frequency support.  I say "two AT&T phones" since with only one phone the plan price jumps a lot to add a second device or phone.  

Wasn't that what I posted from AT&T web site?
"Add the device to Mobile Share Value/Mobile Data plan for an access charge of $10."

Myself for Internet I have only the Mobley unlimited plan I pay $22.01 a month.
For cell phone I use one iPhone 7 Plus with Sprint service that has unlimited voice, text & data on phone plus 3GB to use as hotspot.
Total with taxes and fees cost me $64.87 a month.

So I am happy with the total monthly cost of $86.88 for unlimited Internet, phone, voice & text.
And it sure beats the old Datastorm Internet speeds. :)

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Biker56: The Mobley on the Connected Car plan is a great deal and I love having it.  We both are lucky to already have the plan, but new users are out of luck.  Sprint service would not work in enough places for my wife and myself, something we know because of family that has Sprint.  Great that Sprint is working for you. (I also tried T-Mobile for a while and it also did not work where we travel.)  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Myself for Internet I have only the Mobley unlimited plan I pay $22.01 a month.
For cell phone I use one iPhone 7 with Sprint service that has unlimited voice, text & data on phone plus 3GB to use as hotspot.
Total with taxes and fees cost me $64.87 a month.

Walmart's Straight Talk (TracPhone) has some good deals.  I bought the smartphone (Alcatel OneTouch Pixi, a decent phone) for $35 three years ago and I have unlimited nationwide calling and text with 3GB of 4G data for $34 a month.  After 3GB the data slows to 1G speed (basically dialup) but I've never used enough data on the phone to hit that.

There's no hotspot, that's where the Mobley comes in.

Payment is either buying monthly refill cards at Walmart and entering the data manually, or have the charges auto-bill to a credit card and not worry about it.  The auto-bill also get a $1 a month discount.

Coverage is an amalgamation of the T-Mobile and AT&T networks, and service has been good almost everywhere so far.  Some areas get a Sprint/Verizon combo. I've heard Livingston is that way.

Archived