RV storage tips

profgt

It has been impossible to keep all insects old but spraying around the base of the RV has been my best defense.

For Mice, fresh De Con does the trick for me. If the mice come they never stay long. In a 40 foot fifth wheel  I use 5 bait traps (2 in the basement) and watch for eating.activity. I had one occurrence on a similar sized FW, Part of the DeCon disappeared to never be found, but the mice left.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

If you have access to power while in storage you might try a rope light under the coach.  Pack rats do not like light.  I have 12 volt LED lights in the front and rear of my MH and have not had a problem.   Saw several rigs at The Ranch (Lakewood) using the rope lights with success.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, frankgibbons said:

Fabric Softener Sheets – Spread dryer sheets all over the RV when it's in storage to keep mice away. Then when you take it out put the sheets in a plastic bag and use them for laundry. Irish Spring Soap – Same idea as the dry sheets. Supposedly mice hate the smell.

I used to believe the old wives tale about dryer sheets until i found a nice mouse nest made out of the dryer sheets i spread around my MH!  Can't speak to the soap trick but your RV will smell nice.

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2019 at 3:05 PM, frankgibbons said:

Fabric Softener Sheets – Spread dryer sheets all over the RV when it's in storage to keep mice away. Then when you take it out put the sheets in a plastic bag and use them for laundry. Irish Spring Soap – Same idea as the dry sheets. Supposedly mice hate the smell.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961