Bedroom slide

oldride

Been having a problem with my 5th bedroom slide. Could get itto go out but not back in. After some detective work found the OSB had gotten wet under the supfloor which the hydralic ram attached to. Long story short the bolts had pulled through the OSB. Pulled the hard plastic off sure enough it was falling apart. Now I'm knee deep in it. After watching several videos I'm on the right track. Will have to jack up the inside a little put stilts on outside and replace the floor. Guess it's like a HGTV episode they do it in thirty minutes will take me 3-4 days if I'm lucky. We'll see.

2011 CAN-AM Spyder Rt SE5, 2010 Alpine 5th wheel, 1998 Vovlo VNL610

Hopefully 2 years 6 month till full time retirement.

Been there done that. Right big job. Mine was plywood. It may be an odd size. I had to glue and screw two sections together to get correct thickness. May be able to get from the manufacturer. Find that leak or you will be doing this again.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Plan on taking all the trim off and using new putty tape and inspecting/replacing all the rubber seals. Will be making stilts to hold up outside and blocks on the inside. Looks to be a time consuming job.

Good idea on the pics. Guess i better clean up my phone and get some more space. Sure would hate to delete any by mistake or not enough room.

On 11/2/2017 at 4:48 AM, GlennWest said:

Been there done that. Right big job. Mine was plywood. It may be an odd size. I had to glue and screw two sections together to get correct thickness. May be able to get from the manufacturer. Find that leak or you will be doing this again.

Glenn, bedroom slide on teton? Do tell. I think I need to also. Where was leak?

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

I had same problem on My Fuzion Toy Hauler. I have replaced the complete floor . Removed the bed and tore it all out problem is I can not find the leak. I closed it all up for the summer and left it. We have a small TT and just took it . I will be back in December and hopefully find the problem. I just hope that it did not leak while closed up and is full of mold when we get back to TX. want to take it to Quartzite in January. At least the insurance is paid up so if full of mold I can call them. Good luck with the project.

Well replaced the floor on bottom of slide . I used 3/4 treated ply was a 106 by 27 5/8 in. had to put in 8' then a small piece. Looks like the leak was a faliure at the factory. When they cut the rubber roof on slide at the edge for a 45 degree they did not overlap the edge. The 3/4 ply is a little thicker but should have good clearance. One of the hardest part and most anoying was getting the hard plastic slide pc aligned. may still need some tweaking. Plan on putting eternabond on all trim and edgeing on trailer. I will do the slide first and then put the awning back on.

This was a task and I did need some extra hands at times but I diid 95% of the work myself. Now if it leaks the DW will have my head. Sure hope to keep it.

We are suppose to start a work kamper at the Local National park this week. i'm sure we may get some rain in the next few days.

I will let you know if I solved the problem or not.

• 1 month later...

Well we have had some pretty good rain. I have not found any water intrusion yet. I replaced the sub floor with 3/4 treteated ply wood. I used putty on all trim and sealed with interna bond tape. Still need to do some adjustments 3/4 ply makes it a little tighter. So far we're good.

Archived