Full Timer Insurance

Rick03hd

Fulltimer coverage always costs more than your typical RV coverage because it covers things that a standard policy leaves to a home owner's policy. It has liability coverage, more coverage for your possessions, as well as coverage for the RV being in use for 12 months of the year while most typical policies are based on much lower levels of use.  Since premiums are based on many things including your credit rating and driving history, I suggest you get more quotes to compare with. 

Miller Insurance Agency

RV Advantage Insurance

AIS Insurance Agency

RV Advantage

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 days ago I got a quote from Geico for a 2018 Montana 3791RD for full-time coverage with full replacement.  $640 per year.  I was paying $560 for the 2012 Montana 3585SA also with Geico.  Let me also say that I get a multiple policy discount because they also insure my truck and I'm also domiciled in Tennessee. Progressive sounds high to me too!

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

We are in a 2014 motorhome but I just renewed ours yesterday at a cost of $1662 for the year. Of course there are a lot of variable that go into the price of insurance.  

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

15 hours ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

2 days ago I got a quote from Geico for a 2018 Montana 3791RD for full-time coverage with full replacement.  $640 per year.  I was paying $560 for the 2012 Montana 3585SA also with Geico.  Let me also say that I get a multiple policy discount because they also insure my truck and I'm also domiciled in Tennessee. Progressive sounds high to me too!

I already have Geico but when I bought the Momentum they said they would not do replacement cost because of the high value. 

2 hours ago, Rick03hd said:

I already have Geico but when I bought the Momentum they said they would not do replacement cost because of the high value. 

When you talk to insurance companies about replacement cost coverage, be sure to inquire about the length of that coverage.

We've had replacement cost coverage on all of our RVs and it's always been for 5 years and then reverts to the price you paid.

When we were shopping for insurance for the RV in my signature, I was talking to one insurance company and they offered replacement cost coverage for only 18 months!  Needless to say, we didn't go with that company.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

When my National General through Good Sam was due for renewal the 1st of this month.
I checked with Geico  and my toad alone would be 143% more with them. :(

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

All insurance prices are based on your domicile zip code.  So that could be the big reason for the high cost.  I was with Blue Sky and they stopped insuring RVs, so I shopped around and went with Progressive.  Just make sure that you are looking at the same coverages and deductibles when shopping around.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Wow. I have a 2015 Itasca Class A and pay over $3,000 for fultime coverage with a $1,000 deductible. I went thru Miller Insurance who placed me with Allied a division of Nationwide. I have my Jeep and Harley with them too along with three rental properties and an umbrella policy. I am registered at the Escapees address in So Dakota. My premium sound a little high compared to the other posts!

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

8 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Fire Department Services?

Maybe some areas of the country charge for when the fire department comes out?  I know that ambulances can charge you.  Especially because I would be out of state.  And they do not collect taxes from me, besides sales tax on things that I purchase.

19 hours ago, SWharton said:

It must be SD or your driving record. We just renewed our Allied policy for $1800 with a TX Escapees address. Not sure what our deductible is. We only have the MH with them.

I have an excellent driving record. No tickets or accidents for years and I have been told that SD rates are lower than most areas. When I went full time and left CA I saved a lot changing my insurance to SD at the time. But I had a Fifth Wheel then. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 2 weeks later...

Watch out for insurance policies that seem cheap.  The coverage may not be what you want.  As Kirk pointed out full timers insurance is a lot different than just accident coverage for an RV.  We had an inexpensive policy from Allied.  When we had property stolen we found there was almost no coverage.  It is also very likely  you will want a separate "umbrella" policy. 

Also I recommend being careful about taking insurance advice from others on the internet.  Many people do not understand their coverage.  Also policies even from the same company can vary widely depending on the State where the policy was issued.  Check carefully to consider what you need and what is actually covered.

We just "moved" to TX, Livingston and the price went up $600/year. I asked why the jump and TX has been hit with a lot of storms this year. Paying $1850 for agreed value of $100K. MH is 2 years old and I felt that was fair. If we total this MH we are not buying again. This is our last RV.

2 hours ago, JimK said:

Watch out for insurance policies that seem cheap.  The coverage may not be what you want.  As Kirk pointed out full timers insurance is a lot different than just accident coverage for an RV.  We had an inexpensive policy from Allied.  When we had property stolen we found there was almost no coverage.  It is also very likely  you will want a separate "umbrella" policy. 

Also I recommend being careful about taking insurance advice from others on the internet.  Many people do not understand their coverage.  Also policies even from the same company can vary widely depending on the State where the policy was issued.  Check carefully to consider what you need and what is actually covered.

I agree completely. I shop my rates every 2 years.  And I make sure that the coverages are the same if not better then our current policy.

With Geico, check to be sure there's an item for fulltimer's liability.  They don't offer it in Texas, and I recall that someone else said it wasn't included in their state, either (can't remember which one). 

Geico's stance is that it's a fulltimer's policy because it covers use 365 days/year, while my stance is that a true fulltimer's policy has to have fulltimer liability, to cover what would otherwise be included in a homeowner's or renter's policy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived