Truck Sold; ramps available-- RAMPS & HITCH NOW SOLD

ICPete

I just sold my truck to a commercial O-O (owner-operator) who will be removing the bed and TrailerSaver air hitch, and converting it back to commercial tractor duty. I'm sad to know all my work rebuilding the wooden bed will now be undone, but of course happy to have found a buyer who appreciates the great condition of the truck and engine, and all the maintenance and upgrades put into it.

The buyer was about to buy another truck that had a steel bed, and had posted a question on the Class A subforum inquiring about the market for a used steel flat bed, when he happened across my for-sale listing. He flew in from Michigan first thing the next morning and bought my truck.

Since he didn't want the ramps, I removed them along with the hold-down brackets I had custom fabricated. The ramps are 14-ft long and 19-inches wide each (38-inch width for the pair together). The rating is 1500 lbs per axle, so they can handle either a motorcycle or a smart car. When deployed there is the usual dihedral angle at the hinged joint. I added holes at the top to secure them to the truck bed while deployed. They were purchased from Discount Ramps. When folded they are 7-feet long.

I will be posting a for-sale listing in the appropriate sub-forum, with photos and details about the mounting brackets, tonight I expect.

2007 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 339RSB

2000 Volvo VNL64T770 with TrailerSaver hitch, wooden flat bed, Detroit 12.7L S60, 10-sp AutoShift, still tandem

Pete, I'm interested in the ramps.  I sent you a message.
Also if you are sell the hitch I would be interested in it also.

Thanks
Dennis

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

I left the bed and hitch on the truck; just too much work for me to remove them and try to sell them.

Anyone interested in the TrailerSaver hitch, I can put in touch with the new owner, who is headed to Chicago from Arizona. He will be removing the bed and hitch at a shop there.

2000 Volvo VNL64T770 with TrailerSaver hitch, wooden flat bed, Detroit 12.7L S60, 10-sp AutoShift, still tandem

• 1 month later...

Tim, I've sent you a PM about the TrailerSaver hitch.

Dennis, did you decide whether you were interested in the hitch or not? I never heard back from you.

As to the ramps, it looks like I may have a buyer, though the sale hasn't actually gone through yet.

Peter

Just to close the loop on this thread; it looks like the hitch is getting sold by the trucker who bought my truck, and it looks like the ramps are indeed sold.

Archived