21 hours ago, JimK said:

This is the issue I have.  I want to use a gallon or less for my entire shower. With the oxygenics shower head I could use most of that amount just adjusting the water temperature. 

I suppose that you could, but you don't need to. I don't know of any device that will give you much of a shower with as little as 1 gallon of water. We traveled for many years with a pop-up that had a 15-gallon water tank and stayed in national forest campgrounds which often didn't have water and we had 3 boys. We were able to do so for 3 or 4 days but nobody took a shower, only what we called as "spit bath." But we don't care to do that anymore and we use the Oxygenics and we love it for the quality of shower with low water volume. 

20 hours ago, JimK said:

I usually take 5 minutes or so for a Navy type shower.  

As a former submariner where shower water was extremely limited, I have grave doubts that there is a 5-minute shower requiring only 1 gallon of water. You may well stand in the shower and wash for 5 minutes, but that shower must not be running the entire time. I'd need to see a timed test of a shower head into a bucket to buy one. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/20/2017 at 9:37 AM, JimK said:

This is the issue I have.  I want to use a gallon or less for my entire shower. With the oxygenics shower head I could use most of that amount just adjusting the water temperature. 

That is one of the reason's I installed a single handle faucet in our shower.  The fiddling with the hot and cold knobs trying to get the temp right was a hassle.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

It takes me about 15 seconds to get hot water to the shower head AND to adjust it to the right temperature...knowing where you usually set the knobs makes it a no-brainer and saves water!

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

On 10/20/2017 at 9:37 AM, JimK said:

In my van, I had a 2.5 gallon electric water heater. Ten minutes before I wanted to shower I would throw the breaker to heat the water then turn it off when my timer rang. That made my water perfect temperature so I never added cold. Just turn on the hot water long enough to get wet, turn it off to wash, turn it back on to rinse. Done. I don't know how much water I actually used but I never ran out of heated water while taking a shower.

Everyone's priorities are different. You do what works for you.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2017 at 3:42 AM, Yarome said:

Don't know how they do it with their venturi... ain't a mathapaticiology gradiate or even know how they get root beer in those wax a penny candy, but they work. Live it, love it. It must be magic. :P (at $39.95)

Gotta love ol' Mr. Bernoulli.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, BillyPro said:

My Oxygenics Fury works very great with Flow rate of 2 GPM. 

We too use the Oxygenics shower. Major improvement over what our RV came with. 

Welcome to the Escape forums! 

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, AKmtnpilot said:

Bought an Oxygenics. Pizza Junque.:angry:

Explain please?  I was thunking of getting one for this season.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

4 hours ago, AKmtnpilot said:

Bought an Oxygenics. Pizza Junque.

I wonder why? If you read the thread there are 7 of us who are happy with ours. We have had ours now for 4 years and plan to buy another should this one fail. 

On 4/3/2018 at 12:13 PM, Pat & Pete said:

IrEKzQAl.jpg

FIFY ;) 

For Truth in Advertising, they should either say there is an introduction of "Air", or "Nitrogen". There is just over 20% oxygen in Air and 78% nitrogen. Nitrogenics probably wouldn't sell as well.  

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I got the Oxygenics fury and am very happy with it, also after a year the hose connection got a crack and they sent me a new one so also pleased with customer service.

Mike Foster

2020 Transcend 221RB

2017 Chevrolet 2500 HD

20190920_161514.jpg

We used an Oxygenics for 4 years in our other 5th wheel.  It worked well and as advertised.  We did a flow test and it was what the advertising said surprisingly because we had 65psi water pressure at that park.  Alie did remove it once a year from the hose and soaked it in white vinegar to remove any built-up mineral deposits.  Our current DRV has more of a Rain style shower head that is efficient, just not as forceful. 

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

On 10/8/2017 at 8:24 PM, Kirk Wood said:

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Happy to have you with us.

We put an Oxygenics Body Spa shower head in ours and we love it. I find that particular shower head is rapidly becoming the most popular replacement items in the RV community. I know of only one RV manufacturer who installs them at the factory, probably because the cost more than the cheapies found in most of our rigs.

Yeah Kirk. Everybody loves them. Except me. Personally, just a bunch of hype. Over-priced and not really any better than the cheapie that came with my RV. I'm seriously considering putting the old one back on.

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

• 1 month later...

We replaced the original showerhead with Oxygenics Body Spa head. The Body Spa head is definitely an improvement over the original shower head - BUT, I'm not thrilled with how narrow the spray pattern is. I'm now starting to see other Oxygenics shower heads out there that can be adjusted to provide a narrow spray pattern or a larger spray pattern - such as the  Thunderhead High Pressure Rain. Anybody have any experience with these "adjustable" Thunderhead models?

3 hours ago, cowolter said:

Anybody have any experience with these "adjustable" Thunderhead models?

I too have looked at those but mostly thinking of our home-base. I wonder if the RV with it's small diameter water lines would supply enough volume to make one of those work well? 

1 hour ago, Kirk Wood said:

I too have looked at those but mostly thinking of our home-base. I wonder if the RV with it's small diameter water lines would supply enough volume to make one of those work well? 

I didn't realize RV's had smaller water lines.  Mine has 1/2" lines, the same size as in every home I've ever owned or lived in.  What size does your RV have in it?

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

13 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

I didn't realize RV's had smaller water lines.  Mine has 1/2" lines, the same size as in every home I've ever owned or lived in.  What size does your RV have in it?

PEX is sized as "CTS" (Copper Tubing Size). 1/2" PEX has the same 0.625" OD as 1/2" copper tubing, but 1/2" copper tubing has a 0.527" ID, while PEX has a slightly smaller 0.485" ID.  Many newer homes are plumbed with PEX, so there's no difference there of course. And some are plumbed with 1/2" PVC/CPVC tubing that has a 0.622" ID with a slightly higher flow.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

6 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

PEX is sized as "CTS" (Copper Tubing Size). 1/2" PEX has the same 0.625" OD as 1/2" copper tubing, but 1/2" copper tubing has a 0.527" ID, while PEX has a slightly smaller 0.485" ID.  Many newer homes are plumbed with PEX, so there's no difference there of course. And some are plumbed with 1/2" PVC/CPVC tubing that has a 0.622" ID with a slightly higher flow.

Thanks, I just assumed that 1/2" meant 1/2" ID, regardless of the material.  Good info.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

14 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Thanks, I just assumed that 1/2" meant 1/2" ID, regardless of the material. 

Also, an RV has a city water fitting that is restrictive due to it's configuration and the addition of a check-valve built into it and the water supply into most houses is 3/4" pipe while many RV hoses are only 1/2" and at most 5/8". Overall, RV water systems tend to be more flow restrictive in design than home systems and typically operate at lower supply pressures. Just saying smaller lines as I did is somewhat an oversimplification, but the point is that they do not supply as much water volume as the home versions. 

Archived