Can't Get Insurance on New HDT in Florida

MoSKP9

I purchased a new 2018 HDT truck in Florida. I currently have my MDT truck insured with Good Sam. They say that I can only get liability coverage as they have a moratorium on all vehicles in the State of Florida.  I called the Florida State Insurance Commissioner and he suggested that I change Insurance Companies. My Good Sam insurance underwriting company is Integon Preferred Insurance company, so don't suggest them. If anyone out there has a different insurance company than Good Sam please let me know. My new class 7 Freightliner is sitting on the dealers lot and I don't want to drive it without full coverage. I am going to change all of my Good and useless Sam policies over to another company when I find one.

fnMLSAUl.jpg

When Blue Sky discontinued insurance on RV's this year I switched to National General.  They were happy to write a new policy with full coverage on both the HDT and fiver.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

I think you will find pretty much all the insurance companies have suspended writing policies in the state due to the recent hurricane damage.  Once all of that gets sorted out, they should start writing new policies again.  How long that will be is an unknown right now.  Someone else posted the same issue on another forum I participate in (although I can't remember which one right now) and that was the consensus of opinion.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

So all of the thousands of people that lost their vehicles in the hurricane flooding can't get insurance on their replacement vehicles. Seems like another reason to not like insurance companies! 

Daddy always said " Insurance companies insure you for everything except for what happens"

fnMLSAUl.jpg

Archived