i shift trans?

runaway parents

Interesting thing happen the other day got the big truck out to exercise it. Been to smoky around here to go camping so we have been staying inside . To avoid smoke. So any way lets get to the question. Got the truck fired up and headed down the road ishift seemed to be shifting normally got to 7 th gear and would not shift into 8th gear slowed down I shift down shifted  like normal.  Hit the throttle and it went threw the gears like normal. This was about 2 weeks ago  forest fire smoke finally went away  last weekend we decided to  get the rig out and go camping. So we left house Friday and trans mission did the same thing again. Now keep in  mind the truck had been sitting about a month also this transmission has less than 2000 miles on it. Once the truck is warmed up it shifts fine. Is the signs of something bad getting ready to happen or to much sitting and not enough exercising?   

3 hours ago, Dan Johnson said:

Mine will shift differently until the water temp gets fairly warm. It only takes a couple miles then things work right.

My "me-shift-road-rager-10$peed" shifts oddly until the "0perator" has consumed a larger coffee first thing in the morning......

The "$hifter" on the Trolley has been fairly marginal at times and "Grumps" knew his job well when he told me at 18 that truck driving was over my head so I went on to be a marginal pilot and horse-exhaust-mitigation-tech......

Drive on......( Just the right amount of coffee might help shifting....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

59 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

My "me-shift-road-rager-10$peed" shifts oddly until the "0perator" has consumed a larger coffee first thing in the morning......

The "$hifter" on the Trolley has been fairly marginal at times and "Grumps" knew his job well when he told me at 18 that truck driving was over my head so I went on to be a marginal pilot and horse-exhaust-mitigation-tech......

I blame the first 10 miles of missed gears on the transmission temp.... That gear oil is tough when it's cold!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

5 hours ago, noteven said:

On my Fuller I Shift it 9 speed I get more "busy signals" after a few days off.... 

I resemble that remark.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

7 hours ago, noteven said:

On my Fuller I Shift it 9 speed I get more "busy signals" after a few days off.... 

Wanna see a shiftless doofus?  C'mon down and ride with me at the beginning of harvest.  I have a Fuller 10 spd in my truck, and my cousins have a Fuller 8 spd and a Maxi-Torque 8 spd (Mack tranny) in their two trucks. McDonalds doesn't grind as much as I do for a couple of days.

It took me a long time to trust the fuller auto-shift, but now I like it.  I can only imagine how sweet the new I-Shifts are.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, Dollytrolley said:

Fixed it found out the right amount of stomping on the floor with my left foot and a quad shot of espresso and a red bull that thing will go right in to gear. Guess it was cold gear oil seemed to work fine last weekend. thanks for the help.

Fixed it found out the right amount of stomping on the floor with my left foot and a quad shot of espresso and a red bull that thing will go right in to gear. G

uess it was cold gear oil seemed to work fine last weekend. thanks for the help.

10 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

Not to sure if I want to  computer went off the rail on last post espresso and red bull must of kicked in ha.

Dang no punctuation sure makes for a nonsensical read maybe that was the point ha. 

Sorry . Just trying to make life a little easier for us 'non-juiced' folks . ;) 

Goes around , comes around .

Archived