Pre-rally - Tour of Strataca????

Big5er

I was thinking about going to Strataca again since I am told they have opened up a new attraction (Salt Safari).

I was wondering if any other other pre-rally attendees were interested.  I was considering going Wednesday the 4th?

Anyone?? 

I have a friend that meeting me for a day or two that wants to see the Cosmosphere so I was also thinking of going there on Tuesday.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

It's hard to find the time to site see during the rally with so much going on there. It almost has to be done before or after. I should be there by Sunday, maybe even Saturday depending on when I actually leave the dealership on the way up. 

2014 smart Fortwo

Looking forward to meeting y'all and the tour of Strataca. It's been several years since I went. I managed to gather up 10 or 12 that year. We'll do it againa and make a party of it. 

See you in a week :)

2014 smart Fortwo

Strataca, wow, it used to be just the Kansas Salt Mines.  With the new shuttle, we may return.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Not sure yet of my arrival, maybe closer to Friday or Saturday. I know the weekends would be more busy, but I have wanted to go some day. Anyone want to plan on a Saturday trip?

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

15 hours ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Phil, 

If my schedule fits I'm in, and Karen is also.

Roger

Well, if you are busy, just send Karen. She's a LOT prettier than you, my friend

12 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Strataca, wow, it used to be just the Kansas Salt Mines.  With the new shuttle, we may return.

Looking forward to seeing  you and Dale, Mark. 

11 hours ago, lappir said:

Not sure yet of my arrival, maybe closer to Friday or Saturday. I know the weekends would be more busy, but I have wanted to go some day. Anyone want to plan on a Saturday trip?

Rod

Oh come on Rod, we're gonna have a party :)

5 hours ago, Nuke-E said:

I'm shooting to be there Tuesday.  The mine has been on my to-do list every year--maybe it's finally time to get it done.

Of course it's time :)

4 minutes ago, HERO Maker said:

Roger, are you going to put together a go-cart track trip again?

go-carts?? What's this about go-carts? Hey, don't be hijacking my thread, but tell me more...

2014 smart Fortwo

16 hours ago, Big5er said:

go-carts?? What's this about go-carts? Hey, don't be hijacking my thread, but tell me more...

Yeah--looked like a blast, but they went while I was giving a seminar last year.  Just look out for Roger--pretty sure he has more seat time at the place than a million-mile over-the-road trucker would on the road.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

20 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

Roger, are you going to put together a go-cart track trip again?

I will schedule a trip around the track for us, It looks like my work schedule keeps me from the pre-party but could set something up for Sunday or a day during the rally, just let me know and about how many would like to attend, and I'll get er done as they say.

Roger AKA Crash

GCTaaehl.jpg

I would love to do the go-cart thing...but alas, the rally work keeps me pretty occupied. If it is pre-rally I might be able to swing it....even on Sunday.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Where is the go cart track? A group of motorcycle riders got a little crazy with some near the Sprint Car track in Knoxville, Iowa last year. Retired two carts., but that was after they put the talcum powder on the track.

Rod 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

7 hours ago, lappir said:

Where is the go cart track? A group of motorcycle riders got a little crazy with some near the Sprint Car track in Knoxville, Iowa last year. Retired two carts., but that was after they put the talcum powder on the track.

Rod 

It's in Wichita, about an hour drive from the fair grounds.

It's on the southeast corner of Woodlawn and 21st street north.

http://www.xtremewichita.com/ 

I need a count and if Sunday the 8th would work I will make arrangements for us to run together. We can do a grand prix that is 3 races or for just a few dollars more we could do the super grand prix that is 4 races, I like no more that 8 in a race but if we have more we could do 2 sets, then the fastest of each set would be in the first final, and the rest in the second final.

How does that sound to all, and Phil I guess I have hijacked your thread.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

I'm in. Sunday works for me.

2014 smart Fortwo

Oh ya sure Phil's in.......think about it folks.....your leading  the race and all of a sudden the yellow flag is out and a cart with red and blue lights up along side and now you have ticket and the "fine" is a bunch of Cold Dr. Pepper....

Now that I've blown the "plan" wide open

Perhaps I can "retire" into the "HDT-Protection-Program or.......maybe Phil might "retire" me like Barry Seal.......

Sounds like a hoot....wish I could attend and show folks how to hold down last place in ever race.....

Speaking of fast-times.......we took Dolly-the-paint-horse to the horse dentist-vet at Bend-Equine to have her yearly teeth-floating and we were early so Dolly had to stand out by her trailer for about 30 minutes not tied but with her lead rope laying on the ground. I told Dollymomma that she should tie Dolly to the trailer but she ignored me........all of a sudden Dolly took a few steps and with each step she doubled her speed and of course by the time the fat-$table-boy got off the fender Dolly was clocking about 30mph easy and was jumping way up and kick-bucking all away around the 80 acre field and double-bucking on 1/2 mile fence line next to the highway as cars honked to cheer her on......a few miles of fast laps and the vets clapped and declaired her a very fine lady indeed.....of course I got in trouble for the whole event by Dollymomma.....of course any time Dolly misbehaves it is allways the stable-boys fault....

Hijack over now back to the thread.....

Drive on........(how slow can the Dolly-Kart go....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Well, I tried to do it last year, but had to leave early.  Are we talking about the Sunday of the first day (check in day) of the Rally, or the Sunday following the Rally.  If it's the 1st day, I probably have a little conflict with my role at the Rally.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Archived