Livingston Mail Service

ms60ocb

What is the real status of our USPS service. This is my first mail request in 4 weeks so since that time we have had Harvey and the Flood.

Before the flooding, Mail would be picked up in Livingston and normally in a few hours be in N Houston for processing and soon be in transit for Wisconsin Regional Center

The Aug delivery went to Chicago area distribution center and was lost  ?? for a day or so before heading west. This is the current status of this delivery.

September 20, 2017, 2:07 am Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 20, 2017, 12:52 am Accepted at USPS Origin Facility LIVINGSTON, TX 77399 
September 19, 2017, 2:39 pm Item Accepted/Picked Up for Initial Processing

LIVINGSTON, TX 77351

Does Houston still having problems still after 3-4 years of troubles.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

My mail is operating normally. There was a brief delay/shutdown during the height of the hurricane, but a week later everything seemed to be "normal". I used UPS to get a letter pack to Livingston DURING the hurricane and that worked.  Everything seems fine now - at least from my perspective.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We have never had any problems with our mail. I believe the mail goes to Houston each afternoon. Truck comes up in the morning, is unloaded, reloaded and sent back to Houston. Then processed. After that the route it takes is up to the USPS. The same thing occurs with UPS and FEDEX. Items go different routes, not necessarily how we think they should go but how the business thinks it should go.

I've found that the USPS is often lax in updating where a package is in the delivery cycle.  Since your package was in Houston yesterday at 2:07 AM, it could have already left there, but someone failed to make the update.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

The Rest of the Story.

I received my Priority Mail Saturday or 4 day delivery. That service goes back several years when Houston had distribution problems from I call the Right Hand doesn't know what the Left Hand is doing. My summer mail used to got to a Northern Illinois distribution center which the USPS closed and used a Wisconsin center which then USPS provided 2-3 day delivery. But the last two mailing came through Chicago area centers with 4-5 day service. I assume the 2-3 day delivery is not compatible with Snail Mail.lol

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

16 hours ago, bigjim said:

On occaision for no reason I can understand I have received mail overnight.

Sometimes the mail comes through amazingly quickly! Nearly all mail today travels long distances by air so if the timing is just right it can be very quick.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived