What's this part called?

Jeff.Sloan

I need to replace this air release valve on my forward dry tank.  Mine has been sticking and put us on the side of the road twice lately.  I can't find any info on it.  Anyone know what it is called and if it is a dealer only item or aftermarket as well.

Crazy small pic of it to fit under the 0.1MB limit:

59bdc131889d7_Airreleasesmall.png.7481ecce6a094bf378bba397fcf37868.png

TIA
Jeff

2004 Volvo 630, Cummins ISX, Eaton 10 speed (air assist clutch), 3.71 3.07 rear locker, ET jr, 200" WB, GearMaster

2017 Forest River Sierra 372LOK

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

It's the center of the three tanks.  I thought the front one was the wet tank, but I guess I'm not sure.  It has wires coming off of it, I assume they run up into the harness somewhere.  I will crawl back under tomorrow and take some more pics :-)

EDIT:  Read those links you posted MrSeas.  Thanks.  That sure looks like what it is.  I'll still take photos tomorrow but thanks a bunch for the leads!

2004 Volvo 630, Cummins ISX, Eaton 10 speed (air assist clutch), 3.71 3.07 rear locker, ET jr, 200" WB, GearMaster

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

That's an automatic drain. The wires are for a heater so it doesn't freeze in winter and prevent draining. Not it has a petcock so can be drained manually.

IIFC it works on pressure like a relief valve so it cycles. It can be totally removed and replaced by manual valve but then you have to crawl under to drain. You can't used the front of the wet tank because it has a small built in "ping" tank for the dryer regen.

Also that should be on the front "wet" tank. The primary and secondary tanks have drain valves on the outside that have to be manually drained during pre-trip.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

Well I was wrong.  It is on the wet (front) tank.  Has an airline coming out of the top.  I think this is it:

http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/airreaumoejv5.html

The wires to it looked very OEM, so I looked on the build sheet for my truck and it was an factory accessory:

"UW-A1 Automatic Air Tank Drain Valve  $56"

Very cool.  will be ordering a new one up tonight!  Thanks everyone :-)

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

Archived