Air Blowout, Winterize Kit, or Both?

freestoneangler

3 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

You do realize this thread is nearly 4 years old.

How does is help newbies to point this out? It's all new to them. And if they ask questions we have already answered we get irritated that they haven't read our previous answers? 

Linda, just came from the dentist so am grumpy

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

35 minutes ago, sandsys said:

How does is help newbies to point this out? It's all new to them. And if they ask questions we have already answered we get irritated that they haven't read our previous answers? 

I thought you kinda thounded like Daffy Duck thifths afternoon

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Wow I hadn't moved to CO yet and still had the Scamp 19' fifth wheel - it is an old thread. I agree Linda. My Lynn also was at the dental hygienist's yesterday. I just have new ones made every decade or so.

I used antifreeze, and had a bypass kit. The only trick to the bypass is to be sure to open every valve until pink. Toilet too. Water heater and tanks open and run until I saw antifreeze trickle out of the open water heater drain.

Never had any residue or aftertaste from the antifreeze and it is not poisonous, although I prefer it flushed out and would not drink pink water. The same applies to chunky water but that is another subject. 🤣🤣

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

20 hours ago, sandsys said:

He asked nothing, merely relating his procedure. Otherwise I would've tried to help. If someone asks I explain my procedure, whatever they decide is their right and money.

Next week is my turn with a DDS. I suspect failed implants is my problem. I'm grumpy now, waited a month for appt. then mom passed away Sunday, funeral Friday. Moved DDS appt. to Aug.9

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

Next week is my turn with a DDS. I suspect failed implants is my problem.

My broken tooth needs to be extracted by an oral surgeon August 6th. Guess how long I'm going to be grumpy. :) At least, it is a back upper molar which probably will not need to be replaced.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 minutes ago, sandsys said:

My broken tooth needs to be extracted by an oral surgeon August 6th. Guess how long I'm going to be grumpy. :) At least, it is a back upper molar which probably will not need to be replaced.

Linda

My implants are the 2 molars in front of the one LR bottom wisdom tooth, which may also be the source of pain.Thanks for the condolences. Mom had a full and fruitful life she was 99 Memorial Day. I could be so blessed.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Almost every RV is set up to use antifreeze.  For my RV it takes well less than a gallon and less than 5 minutes.  It takes just about the same time to dewinterize.  My system is not set up for blowing out the lines.  On top of that I would be concerned that the blowout would not totally empty all areas of the plumbing.  Ten minutes once a year is OK with me.  Especially since it takes hours to sanitize the system for use and this year I also had to descale the HW tank with gallons of vinegar.

Ray my condolences too.

My seven year younger half-brother died last Friday after a massive stroke at 62. His daughter and my niece is taking care of arrangements for cremation and just a small memorial service.

I am the oldest of five boys only one of which, two years younger than me, was a full brother. I lost him in 2010 to a massive myocardial infarction, he was 56.

I'm the one that smoked too much and drank more than most after retirement and quit both when I was 58 to stay healthy one month before he died in October 2010. I just lost 50 pounds (intentionally) and am back to a healthy weight as well. And doing low impact recumbent stationary bike and Total Gym just to keep a bit more toned than five years ago.

I'll be 70 next year and have a lot more living to do.

I hope you all have decades to go along with me!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

56 minutes ago, JimK said:

Almost every RV is set up to use antifreeze.  For my RV it takes well less than a gallon and less than 5 minutes.  It takes just about the same time to dewinterize.  My system is not set up for blowing out the lines.  On top of that I would be concerned that the blowout would not totally empty all areas of the plumbing.  Ten minutes once a year is OK with me.  Especially since it takes hours to sanitize the system for use and this year I also had to descale the HW tank with gallons of vinegar.

I do the same, I'm not sure anyone can use compressed air to remove all moisture from the plumbing, and for sure it cannot be removed from a washing machine; well perhaps South of 30° latitude it might suffice.

Dilute 1G white vinegar with 3G water to descale the heater and faucets. This solution works just as well  IMO as straight white vinegar (neutralized acetic acid).

Jim,

You know you are depriving some RV tech or stealership from having your money for a big boat or car buy?

I did too when we were full time.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998