Reminder

JPL

While checking underneath the Pride I noticed one of the tank straps had rusted and parted. In order to remove it had to remove the lower fairing and Sawsall the T bolt. Volvo had one for $146. Got it and it has been installed. 

The point is to be sure you check under the truck and look at everything. Push and pull on things that should be tight. 

If there is oil or some liquid on the ground find out what it is and where it's leaking from. 

Just a reminder it's cheaper to fix it(whatever it is) at home than on the road.

Have a Great Navy Day!

Pat 

The Old Sailor

Pat,

I had a similar issue several years ago where the rubber under the strap was disintegrating.  Luckily after buying the rubber from Volvo and lots of PB Blaster, I was able to loosen the T bolt and lower the tank enough with a floor jack to install the new rubber strip.  Probably averted rubbing a hole through the tank or breaking a strap. You are correct it is important to crawl over, under, and around the truck frequently.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Last winter, my darling bride commented that the step on her side of the Mack was loose.  I checked and declared, "this truck is parked."

One of the straps had failed, with a full load of fuel.  Close inspection showed that all 4 straps were near the end of service.  At least that truck doesn't have fairings.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived